PDA

View Full Version : Female Voicepacks (specifically: Unreal Tournament 2k3)

Akaran
11-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi guys!
I absolutely love the Recursion tracker... it's made my PS2 experience a lot more fun. I've tried a few voicepacks, and I want to give a huge "I <3 You" to the person that did the one with GLaDOS. But, by any chance, is there anyone working on getting the files together from Unreal Tournament 2004, for the female announcer(s)? Here's the announcer in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egd3JSVwTeQ

If anyone's game for it, it would be awesome. Or if it's already out there... that would be great!

Thanks!

~Akaran
TR, Emerald

Apex
11-16-2014, 09:48 PM
I'll take a look, if you have any resources for the UT2K4 audio it would help a lot! Even a youtube video of all the voices without any messy background noise or game audio over it is pretty useful.

As far as female voices go, I will be working on Nisha and Athena from Borderlands: The Pre Sequel in the near future. Nisha in particular sounds great and has a lot of fun lines to work with, while Athena is much more just-business sounding. Unfortunately I don't think that Maya from Borderlands 2 has enough material for a reasonably complete voice pack, but I'll give her audio another look tomorrow.

Exploding Fist
11-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Yeah we've been waiting for someone to make this one for a long time. Doooo it!

Apex
11-16-2014, 10:41 PM
I'll grab the audio from that youtube video and see what I can do in the next couple evenings.

I thought that the video in the link was another one I had seen referenced that only had ~30 seconds of sound clips, but it seems like it has most or all of it. Good deal, should be able to work with that!

*edit* - 28 usable voice clips, a lot of them are red team and blue team callouts and stuff like that. Should be able to get the kill combo and killstreak ones, headshot, repeat customer 1 and possibly a couple others though.

Exploding Fist
11-17-2014, 09:41 AM
It doesn't need to be perfect. Just the basics is good enough. If you're missing others, radlock takes over for those.

This could be dangerous though. I'll probably end up over extending myself trying to get her to orgasm.

Apex
11-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Here you go! Tested briefly and volume seems good with the volume slider at max. Test replacement background included, feel free to recolor for use with other factions or make it more neutral. I whipped it up in a minute or two looking at a screenshot of the UT2K4 HUD, it's kind of bad :)

Edit by Silencer:
This is currently for Beta 10 only.

UT2K4 Sexy Announcer (http://www.mediafire.com/download/z5ewq8hkxe3kyyx/UT2K4-Female.zip) (adf.ly link (http://adf.ly/uIEB9))

Unleash the orgasm!

Exploding Fist
11-17-2014, 04:48 PM
brb pulling a max

Evans
11-17-2014, 05:17 PM
mmmmmmmmm

Silencer
11-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Well my headshot percentage has already gone up.

Akaran
11-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Thank you a ton for posting this, but I'm running into a problem.

I copied the files out of the zip'd download, put the vpk folder in the recursion folder, put the .vpk file into the main folder (like I've done with a few others) but once I do, I get an error from the stat tracker. Says "An error has occurred: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 2, position 1." and it will not let the tracker come on... just crashes it, and keeps it crashed until I remove the .vpk and the folder.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Exploding Fist
11-20-2014, 09:29 AM
This only works with Beta 10, which is currently in private (alpha) testing.

Akaran
11-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Ah, that would do it. Thank you. :)

Apex
11-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Oh, sorry! If you want a copy for the previous beta, I can install the current public client separately and repack it for you. With EF and Silencer so eager to have the pack I threw it together on beta 10 while testing other stuff and forgot all about it!

If you open up the configure screen, reset defaults and manually assign the callouts you should be good to go, and you can republish it for future swapping. If you want I can also repack it for the current public client tomorrow afternoon or evening, it shouldn't take too long. You can also open the vpk with notepad++ or something and see what lines go where if need be.

Exploding Fist
11-21-2014, 06:01 AM
One piece of feedback. The 'Hat trick' should be 'Triple kill'

Apex
11-21-2014, 05:45 PM
I thought it was? If it's not, switch it over because it's sure SUPPOSED to be! I did have some trouble going through the list because the beta 10 menu has a very low contrast text color, so I might've accidentally assigned the wrong damn thing.

edit - Checked and it definitely is on my local copy, I don't recall making any changes since I packaged it and posted it... if it got re-used elsewhere somehow just default that one out I guess. Huh.

Akaran
11-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Ah, that's all I'd have to do? Easy enough. Thank you for throwing that together, btw. *grins*

Exploding Fist
11-22-2014, 02:14 PM
On mine TRIPLE_KILL is pointed to .\UT2K4-Female\Hat Trick.ogg

I doubt I changed it by accident since Hat Trick makes sense for 3 (hat trick is 3 goals in hockey).

Edit: The triple kill sound file isn't even in the folder.

Apex
11-22-2014, 06:09 PM
I didn't come across a triple kill sound in the original audio rip. I'll skim through it again in my audio editor though, maybe I missed it. I thought Hat Trick was just a stylized replacement for saying triple kill. Yeah... it's been a long time since I played UT.

fuers
01-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Can someone do a current beta version? Thanks!!

Puupertti Ruma
02-21-2015, 01:52 PM
I made a version of this for beta 9: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26963322/UT2K4_Female_B9.rtst_vpk

You still need the original sounds from Apex, just use the above .rtst_vpk instead of the one Apex provided.

My audio picks aren't necessarily very good, please feel free to improve them. Now go and make that girl happy ;)