PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to extract sound files from rtst_vpk files

justi4541
12-25-2019, 05:59 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get sound files directly from vpk files from the achievement voicepacks. I found someone who updated the Bastion soundpack and I wanted the .ogg files for personal use. The original creator forgot to put the .ogg files in his update, still works on planetside but there is no source for the sound files that he used.

Does anyone know how to receive those .ogg files?

Senzorei
12-27-2019, 12:09 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing. Heck, I'd even settle for being able to set voice pack priorities so that if a voice pack doesn't have a certain sample, it has another one to fall back on.

EDIT: So I foolishly forgot most of the voice packs (if not all of them) from the voice pack collection thread come with the sounds in a separate folder, but the issue isn't any less valid IMO.

x2time
06-14-2020, 01:28 PM
bump

Steve_12
09-15-2020, 11:00 PM
You can view the contents of a VPK file on your computer by changing its extension to .zip and opening it with a suitable archiver program, for example 7-Zip.

gibsonmichel
05-29-2021, 11:16 PM
You can use audio converters

jessicc
05-13-2022, 01:16 AM
Oh, to be honest, I have the same problem right now and I don't really understand what to do... Can someone here please recommend me something nice?

richarddd
05-13-2022, 02:37 AM
Jessica, if you have any problems with it then you definitely need to check these guys from howly over here (https://howly.com/electronics/) because they have been working for some time already and helped me with a few difficult problems there. You may ask something right there and probably you will love it there too. Best wishes guys