PDA

View Full Version : Planetside crashes if recursion is running first

Thurwell
11-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Version 0.10.0.9.

Start recursion, start planetside launcher, hit play. When the loading bar gets to about 6%, windows pop up says planetside.exe has stopped working. Happens every times. Start planetside without recursion running, works fine.

Silencer
11-17-2014, 07:29 PM
PM sent.

sparr
11-18-2014, 01:30 AM
I have the same issue in the same (6% loading) moment from last couple days.

As workaround I start tracker without pushing start button, then start a game alt+tab it then push start button... but this is quite annoying

Exploding Fist
11-18-2014, 05:50 AM
I have the same issue in the same (6% loading) moment from last couple days.

As workaround I start tracker without pushing start button, then start a game alt+tab it then push start button... but this is quite annoying

You're saying this only happens if the session is started?

sparr
11-18-2014, 09:02 AM
You're saying this only happens if the session is started?

Exactly

Thurwell
11-18-2014, 04:34 PM
It happens for me whether or not the session is started.

Actually I didn't know you could start the session before logging in. Incidentally the auto start session feature quit working around beta 5, I have to manually start it every time.

RHINO_Mk.II
11-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Did a couple quick tests today and PM'd silencer the results. I'll leave the logging dlls in place in case by any chance it happens to work properly.

Thurwell
11-19-2014, 12:33 PM
RHINO, I already PMed Silencer this, but something I stumbled on last night while making a log file for him is that my crash only happens if Recursion is started and on my second monitor. If the recursion main window is on the first monitor (the one PS2 is on), no crash. So you might check that to see if we're experiencing the same thing.

I didn't get a chance to play and see if everything fully works after that, I was only starting PS2 at the end of the evening to make the log file he wanted.

RHINO_Mk.II
11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I only have one monitor :P

Silencer
11-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Just an update for users experiencing this running Version 0.9 that there are some fixes for this in Beta 10 although some users may need to still start RTST after PS2. This issue started recently after presumably a PS2 patch as other software such as PrecisionX has also started crashing PS2 for some users.

If you're not on Beta 10 and having these issues, please PM me or ExplodingFist your Recursion account name and we will set you up on Beta 10.

This has prompted us to work on improving overall compatibility further than what it already is, but please understand this gets pretty low-level, changes per operating system and architecture, and takes time.

Jaxx
12-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Yea I tried that, it went to about 20% but still crashed.

Also, I really miss my achievements :(

Tykune
01-11-2015, 02:26 AM
Seems the latest hotfix for planetside 2 has fixed this client/stat tracker crashing, which I can only assume that Sony fixed one of their plethora of bugs that allowed the tracker to work again. I am not sure if this fixes anyone else's issue, but it has for me. Also, alt + tab is working for me again as well.

Silencer
01-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Seems the latest hotfix for planetside 2 has fixed this client/stat tracker crashing, which I can only assume that Sony fixed one of their plethora of bugs that allowed the tracker to work again. I am not sure if this fixes anyone else's issue, but it has for me. Also, alt + tab is working for me again as well.

Thanks for the heads up!