PDA

View Full Version : Some help with making a voice pack

crusaderx11
12-02-2014, 02:52 AM
First off I'd like to thank the creators of stat tracker, it helped rekindle my interest in the game

Now I'm trying to make my own voice pack for the stat tracker but I have some questions. I've already started making my clips and saving them in .ogg format. And I've already got the folder with the clips in my recursion folder. But my questions are:

1. How do i load it into recursions configure sound menu to set the clips to achievments so i can test them?

2. Do i have to make a rstv_vpk file and how do i do that?

3. Is there a time cutoff for clips? There's one clip that runs 6 secs and i don't want to shorten it if i don't have to.

Oh and this movie series is what I'm getting all my clips from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd11cRuljMk

crusaderx11
12-02-2014, 04:39 AM
Oh nevermind, i derped around and figured it out. Just manually change the sound files for each achievement with clips from my Austin Powers folder in the Achievement Options page and then publish it to get the rstv_vpk file right?

Silencer
12-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Right, in Version 9 Publish creates an xml rtst_vpk file linking to your sound files. So when distributing it you'll need to include each sound file as well as the rtst_vpk file.

In Beta 10 Publish will still create a rtst_vpk file, but it will be a single binary file containing all of the sound files with in it.

PastalavistaBaby
01-06-2015, 03:00 AM
I decided to give it a try in making a voice pack, but I don't know where to start. Is there a step by step guide on the Forums?