PDA

View Full Version : Question about the stat tracker

ominousz
12-14-2014, 03:28 AM
Hello all...I am new on the forums but not new to streaming or OBS. But i do have a question about the stat tracker and i'm sure it's been asked numerous times before. I just couldn't find the answer in search. How come the stat tracker and in-game k/d stats are different? The stat tracker may show a 1.8 k/d but in-game shows 2.0. Thanks

ZoranTheBear
12-14-2014, 03:39 AM
The tracker takes away the Revive Deaths.

To elaborate, when you're revived. That death is taken off your KD Ratio as if it ever happened. Say if I killed 4 but died 4 times. But I got rezzed on those 4 times, then my KD ratio would be 4, not 0.

The tracker gets rid of those revives. To help show when you actually died, medic or no.

ominousz
12-14-2014, 03:57 AM
Oh ok, i thought the game did this as well. The game's k/d just always seems higher. So, i actually thought the stat tracker counted the deaths even if revived. Or am i confusing the hell out of myself, lol

AlephZed
12-14-2014, 05:55 AM
The game tracks 3 things. Kills, deaths, and revives. The game calculates your kdr as kills/(deaths-revives). Stat tracker counts your kdr as kills/deaths. You can see the same kdr if you go to your player page and look at the kills and deaths field and do kills/deaths there.

ominousz
12-14-2014, 06:00 AM
Gotcha...thanks.

Exploding Fist
12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Revives are not provided by the API in real-time, and therefore can not be used as a reliable statistic.