PDA

View Full Version : Broken fonts and per-kill sound in 0.10.1.2

B4rr
01-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Firstly: The beta version is really nice. I like the new features a lot. However:

I had broken fonts in all modules of the overlay since I installed the beta version. The last beta patch was supposed to fix the fonts in the 3D overlay, but it did not do anything for me. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Sswg8Sj.png Right now the text is pretty small for me and even harder to read when I stream.

I do not use DPI scaling and run in fullscreen windowed. Changing to windowed or fullscreen did not change anything, neither did dis-enableing and enabling the overlay with restarts or without.

On a further note the per-kill sound is not playing. I did change it to a .ogg file, but it did not play. Resetting it to the standard sound did not fix the problem either.

Both features were working properly before patching to the beta. I tried a fresh, clean install, but this did not help either.

Silencer
01-27-2015, 12:01 PM
What region are you in? I'm currently investigating if the font issue might be due to application culture.

Thank you for bringing up the sound/kill issue.

B4rr
01-27-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm in Switzerland, using Win8.1 64bit, installed in German, but currently running in English.

Silencer
01-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Yes, I manually set the application to German culture and can recreate the issue now. Working on a fix.

B4rr
01-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Nice. Great support.

Exploding Fist
01-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Yes, I manually set the application to German culture and can recreate the issue now. Working on a fix.

Awww yeah. Thank you to everyone for reporting this to us. This would have been bad to go into live. Keep it up.

Silencer
01-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Okay, I have a fix working internally. The issue looks like it's how font data was serialized from our editors. Non-us systems would fail to deserialize it properly due to number formatting differences and it would default to a standard ms font. Culture invariant data is now expected instead.

Expect 0.10.1.3 out later tonight with the fix.

It's out!

B4rr
01-28-2015, 06:36 AM
Great. Everything is working as intended.

I just had one guy on my stream say that he could not read the weapon I'm using on the "HUD - Normal". Is there a way to use a bold font, to make it more readable after encoding?