PDA

View Full Version : Failing to update to newest Beta (since the stop from 9 to beta 10)

Stimmenhotel
02-21-2015, 03:26 AM
Hey there,

since the new beta 10 i have problems updating the client.

Every time a update is available and I try to install it the following error is shown:

The Original including the german errors:

An error has occurred: Filename :C:\Program Files (x86)\Recursion\RealTimeStatTracker\RTSTUpdater.ex e, Arguments: -r -m "RTST" -x "rtst_run_dx64" -s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Recursion\RealTimeStatTracker\temp" -p "C:\Program Files (x86)\Recursion\RealTimeStatTracker" -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Recursion\RealTimeStatTracker\temp\pending.d ata" -k x381xlfi4011n -e "C:\Program Files (x86)\Recursion\RealTimeStatTracker\RTST.exe"
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

translated into english:
"Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden" - The System can't find the requested file

The Error sometimes changes, but every time it has to do with RTST.exe and the RTSTUpdater.exe

Is there a way to fix this?

Br
Stimmenhotel

Stimmenhotel
02-21-2015, 03:33 AM
I can't even start the tracker anymore, after a few seconds the error shows up and after clicking Quit/Continue the client crashes.
If i take the files from the "temp" folder into the right folders, it wont work either (had worked for 10.1.8 update).

Is there a way to get the latest version as a installer?

sparr
02-21-2015, 03:43 AM
I can't even start the tracker anymore, after a few seconds the error shows up and after clicking Quit/Continue the client crashes.
If i take the files from the "temp" folder into the right folders, it wont work either (had worked for 10.1.8 update).

Is there a way to get the latest version as a installer?

Have the same problem. Clicked new update popup and after that tracker crashed and now right after starting I have "StatTracker has stopped working"

here is a screenshot of it

Windows 8.1 x64

Silencer
02-21-2015, 08:14 AM
Sparr, can you go under the install directory and delete user.config to see if that fixes it?

translated into english:
"Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden" - The System can't find the requested file

The Error sometimes changes, but every time it has to do with RTST.exe and the RTSTUpdater.exe

Can you verify RTSTUpdater is present in the install folder?

sparr
02-21-2015, 08:37 AM
I've deleted user.config - gave nothing.
Uninstalled previous install, installed from provided file in different directory (default in new installer "RecursionTracker", previous was "RealTimeStatTracker") - still the same, the same error with windows error "Application has stopped working".

Stimmenhotel
02-21-2015, 08:43 AM
i am running 10.1.8 again.
Opted out of the beta updates.

Right now, there is no RSTSUpdater.exe present in the folder.

Had the same problem with the update to 10.1.8 too.
But i found a betaupdate.exe installer inside the app folder that has installed without problems.

If you want to see it yourself, we can make a teamviewer session.

Silencer
02-21-2015, 08:47 AM
Is there any under the temp folder? Do you have anti-virus software? If so could you try re-installing the program with it disabled? With 10.1.7 we had an issue where one AV would flag RTSTUpdater as a false positive, but that should be fixed with 10.1.8.

Stimmenhotel
02-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Oh wait!
that could be it....
I use Avast and had it running in the Game-/Silentmode the whole Time >.<
I am trying it right now

Silencer
02-21-2015, 09:06 AM
I've deleted user.config - gave nothing.
Uninstalled previous install, installed from provided file in different directory (default in new installer "RecursionTracker", previous was "RealTimeStatTracker") - still the same, the same error with windows error "Application has stopped working".

I have recreated your error and am working on a fix now.

sparr
02-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Great!

Can't wait for it. It's so dull to play PS2 without yours tracker

Stimmenhotel
02-21-2015, 09:12 AM
Okay, the updater was dedected by avast antivirus.
The update should work now, but i cant test it ;)

Silencer
02-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Okay, the updater was dedected by avast antivirus.
The update should work now, but i cant test it ;)

Thanks so much for that. We hit our files with a number of targeted scanners but must have skipped over avast. This is an issue I've seen in our error logs from other users so now we can fix it. Thanks!

Silencer
02-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Beta 10.2.1 (https://recursiontracker.com/files/RTSTBeta1021.msi) update fixes the crash issue on startup.

sparr
02-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks man - all is working now!