PDA

View Full Version : Beta 10 Full Release -- Weekend of March 7th --

Silencer
02-27-2015, 11:29 PM
We feel we are nearly ready to finally push Version 10 into our production environment replacing the all too long lasting, Version 9.

Exploding Fist and I ask for help from our Beta Participants over the next week with a few important items.

Most Important -- Update System

What we need help with is making sure the update system is stable and won't melt your client. We have tested this ourselves fairly extensively, but would like as many users as possible to update to 0.10.2.3 (That's important, update changes in that patch) and from there stress our update system. Once on this version please quit the client and restart it the first time.

To test it all you need to do is go to Help->Update, then choose to "Repair Install". It is a full download of every file from the Recursion Server, followed by a restart/install. If you want to do that a few times, we'd be happy. If you want to try to break the client doing it, we'd be even happier. And if you tell us about it, that would make us the happiest.

Still Important -- Program Stability & Bugs

How is everything running? The biggest issues we had from 0.9 were WaveOut sound errors and Access Denied errors. Those should be fixed (The sound one may still come up based on drivers, but we offer a Direct Sound solution to fix that now)

Voice Packs published for Beta 10 may not have the most testing performed yet. There have been some great contributions lately making use of custom achievement backgrounds I'd like to see tested. The dynamic sounds feature is new as well and it would be nice to get some live data back on that.

Missing Version 9 Features

Our later updates have added back missing features including 3D rotation, key mapping key listeners, and kill streak notifications (May have to restore default components for long time participants).

There are still one or two achievements which aren't implemented yet. Let us know if we missed anything.

General Feedback

We've received great feedback from users so far and have implemented what we can given our limited schedules. So thank you again, and feel free to let us know of anything else.

RHINO_Mk.II
02-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Regarding stability, it's working pretty well for me right now. There was a period from about 3 weeks ago to 1 week ago where it caused PS2 to crash on launch when the overlay was enabled. It's the same symptoms that I've had on and off throughout the beta period. Still have no idea what might be causing that, although my hardware and OS are far older than the typical user's will be, so I don't know if it'll be a problem for anyone else.

Then of course there's the in game overlay going missing during extended sessions and alt-tabbing. This time I noticed after tabbing back in to planetside the overlay was there for a couple seconds, rapidly updating the "current time" field to try and catch up before it disappeared completely. Don't know if that might be related to the disappearance, as both long sessions and alt-tabbing cause the clock to cycle many times, and both seem to lead to the overlay disappearing.

Other than that, things seem to be working as intended. Fantastic work to you devs and thanks for giving so much of your free time to the community.

Silencer
03-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Then of course there's the in game overlay going missing during extended sessions and alt-tabbing. This time I noticed after tabbing back in to planetside the overlay was there for a couple seconds, rapidly updating the "current time" field to try and catch up before it disappeared completely. Don't know if that might be related to the disappearance, as both long sessions and alt-tabbing cause the clock to cycle many times, and both seem to lead to the overlay disappearing.

Is it just the HUD deactivating? Do the stats overlay and achievements still show up?

If it is just the HUD, try pressing Shift + F3 next time. That is the default key sequence to toggle the HUD. We're looking into why it disappears once in awhile.

RHINO_Mk.II
03-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Yeah, it's just the HUD, not the achievement popups or scoreboard.