PDA

View Full Version : Unable to see the Recursion Overlay In-Game (settings linked)

shigg
03-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Title says it all; having issues viewing the in-game overlay. The stat-tracking application works just fine and is very useful; its just not the full experience.

Settings are shown below; here are a few things to note.

I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Under the Overlay options, both 'Enable Direct X' and 'Enable' under persistent hud are checked.

Thanks in advance.

Silencer
03-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Well right away I see you have the overlay set to x86 when PlanetSide should be running in x64 on your system. I would change it to auto or x64.

If that doesn't work try turning on beta participation and updating to Beta 10 to see if there is any difference.

shigg
03-06-2015, 12:50 PM
First off, thanks for correcting my windows version inconsistency; sometimes i need someone to point out the obvious. :emot-ughh:

However, this didn't completely fix my problem of not being able to see the in-game overlay. Here's my abbreviated journey of how i was able to get around this issue.

After playing with the tracker enabled and 'working' (the actual Recursion program worked/recorded data fine) I decided the issue must be purely a visual/display one because i could still hear the voicepack working ingame. So, i commenced fiddling with the PS2 graphics options and stumbled upon the root of my issue: i play in Fullscreen Windowed mode. I have 2 monitors and like to move between them without having to alt-tab.

So this is my current process for running StatTracker:

* Run Planetside and login to char
* Run StatTracker and click 'start' to connect to char (at this point, the overlay is not visible)
* In PS2 Graphics Settings; toggle to Fullscreen, then back to Fullscreen Windowed

And it works!

Have you heard Fullscreen Windowed mode being an issue for anyone else?

Clay
03-07-2015, 04:47 AM
I have the same issue as you. After updatin the Stat Tracker to the latest Version I can no longer see the overlay ingame. What you did to solve it did not work for me.

PastalavistaBaby
03-07-2015, 10:19 AM
I have the same issue as you. After updatin the Stat Tracker to the latest Version I can no longer see the overlay ingame. What you did to solve it did not work for me.
I had the same problem after updating to the latest version of RTST today. I played one session, than the Overlay disappeared. I searched through the program and saw that the default key for enabling/disabling the Overlay was F3/Shift. Which are both heavily used in Planetside 2. What I did was rebinding the hotkey to F12 and it fixed the problem for me. (I run Planetside 2 in Windowed Full Screen btw) Just try enabling and disabling the overlay by pressing the hotkey. The Dev Team really should consider changing the default keys for enabling/disabling the Overlay IMHO.

Silencer
03-07-2015, 11:16 AM
I had the same problem after updating to the latest version of RTST today. I played one session, than the Overlay disappeared. I searched through the program and saw that the default key for enabling/disabling the Overlay was F3/Shift. Which are both heavily used in Planetside 2. What I did was rebinding the hotkey to F12 and it fixed the problem for me. (I run Planetside 2 in Windowed Full Screen btw) Just try enabling and disabling the overlay by pressing the hotkey. The Dev Team really should consider changing the default keys for enabling/disabling the Overlay IMHO.

Any recommendations? We could just clear even having a key by default.

PastalavistaBaby
03-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Any recommendations? We could just clear even having a key by default.
Well, I rebinded it to F12 since it's not used in game atm.(Except for "Switch to Seat 12") I think that the Overlay should be "enabled" by default or you'll have lots of people complaining about the same problem.

Edit: I'm pretty sure in order for the Overlay to show up properly, you have to start Recursion and enable the Overlay before you launch Planetside. Maybe you actually have to start a session too.

Silencer
03-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Well, I rebinded it to F12 since it's not used in game atm.(Except for "Switch to Seat 12") I think that the Overlay should be "enabled" by default or you'll have lots of people complaining about the same problem.

Edit: I'm pretty sure in order for the Overlay to show up properly, you have to start Recursion and enable the Overlay before you launch Planetside. Maybe you actually have to start a session too.

I mean the HUD would be enabled by default, just not with a hotkey to toggle it unless manually bound. And remember, shift has to be pressed in combination with F3. I didn't see that being hit accidentally. Regardless, changing it to shift + F12 by default may be the way to go.

However, there's a decent chance the problem is actually due to the program thinking the HUD 'Enable' variable is getting unset, even if the key isn't being pressed. 0.10.2.6 will have changes in it to hopefully fix that problem.

Balthizaur
03-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Steam overlay might be the problem, i could hear recursion in the background working, couldn't see the overlay, started planetside 2 without steam, after trying all other suggestions and it finally got the overlay to work. Hope that helps.