PDA

View Full Version : rtst_d3doverlay_x64.dll is in use

Silencer
03-10-2015, 09:49 PM
For users experiencing this problem, restarting your pc or killing the process found should fix it.

What happened is we found that for some reason our dll we use for the d3d overlay was being attached to mspaint and never releasing from it even when you closed paint (only if you opened paint while it was running). We patched that behavior in 0.10.2.6, but in doing so the dll may end up getting attached temporarily to other processes, albeit not doing anything. Similar to Mumble.

Anyway, with 0.10.2.8 that behavior should be resolved. It's back to its old way of not attaching to any process other than planetside, with special hard-coded handling for mspaint. If you open paint up while we're running it may still attach, but closing paint will release it.

Exploding Fist
03-11-2015, 09:15 AM
To add, if you don't know how to kill paint processes just reboot and launch the tracker and update.

RHINO_Mk.II
03-12-2015, 04:03 PM
For the record, this is what it looks like if you run into this error:
http://i.imgur.com/rkJUdv8.png

And it can happen even if Paint is not currently running as long as you ran it since you logged in.

Silencer
03-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Arg!! Paint!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting that.

Exploding Fist
03-13-2015, 09:31 AM
I actually did a memory dump of the rouge paint process, and you should see all the random things it hooks into. I think we've stumbled onto the DoD backdoor into Windows. It was Paint all along.

Silencer
03-14-2015, 10:33 PM
And the bug still exists... rolling out actual fixed DLLs now.

Aceryx
04-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Just got this bug a few moments ago with an update that popped up today. Issues was with Lcore.exe (Logitech's gaming software). Disabled Lcore and it appears to have updated properly.