PDA

View Full Version : Voice pack: file not found.

Callumari
03-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Sorry guys but since the new update I haven't been able to use a voice pack anymore it just says file not found when i preview, am i missing something?

Callumari
03-11-2015, 10:26 PM
I have the .rtst_vpk files and the .ogg files so I dont have a clue what the problem is. And in the settings Stat tracker knows the .ogg file location so?

Abrams88
03-11-2015, 11:43 PM
Hey there, I had the same problem. What I did is save the .rtst_vpk in the forlder I wanted it to be in and then just leave it where it is with out any other changes.
If you have already a voice pack .rtst_vpk just place the .ogg files where they were originally and name the folder (where your .ogg are) as it was when you saved the .rtst_vpk
Hope this helps!

Callumari
03-12-2015, 01:06 PM
So since i installed recursion in a different folder than default I was looking for the place it suggested at install, so i re-installed and rather than placing the .ogg and rtst_vpk files in the new voice pack folder (with the new version) i just dropped it in the recursion stat tracker folder and boom it works again. Thanks I used your idea to figure out how to fix it.

HybridMK2
03-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Abrams I'm trying to follow your advice but I just can't figure it out.

Abrams88
03-14-2015, 08:26 AM
Hybrid the problem rises when you either change the name or location of your sounds folder, or when you change the name or location of rtst_vpk file, even if you tell recursion the new directories and names it will still not recognise them. So first install recursion in the suggested directory as Callumari did if you haven't. Place your pack and .ogg files with the original names in the main directory as it was in the previous version. Load the pack. Check the sounds, it should work now. If you want to save the rtst_vpk in the new voice packs folder do it now and give it the name you want. The new rtst_vpk file you just created should now work with out the ogg folder, but you will obviously need them if you want to configure it.

LLev
04-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Either it still doesn't work for me, or I am just too dumb to understand it.