PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Characters causing stats not to show

Geoguy180
03-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Hi, my account that I use is Geoguy181, yet it seems to track geoguy181 with a lower case g and I can't now see my stats as it links to the lower case one. https://recursiontracker.com/player/Geoguy181/

I think it broke all the things. Help.

Exploding Fist
03-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Interesting. You're right, both exist in our database.

Is the other one yours? Did you recreate the player or something?

rallan
03-13-2015, 02:04 AM
Replying on Geoguy180's behalf since he's away for the weekend and I was discussing the issue with him yesterday.

He doesn't know why there are two players, but his saved sessions use Geoguy181 with a capital in the name. It looks like almost all his achievements are on the capitalised name, however you can't view them as when you visit https://recursiontracker.com/player/<name> it isn't case sensitive. The lower-case name version only has very few achievements recorded and can probably be deleted.

Here's one of his saved sessions which also has the capital G: https://recursiontracker.com/?p=c&c=saved&id=30491

Exploding Fist
03-13-2015, 06:01 AM
I'm curious because someone used to have that name at some point in time, since it is associated with a player ID.

The way the player page works is the player name is resolved to the player id, and then the player id is used to pull all achievement data. The server doesn't expect two to be returned, and the first one is used (which is the old one).

I can fix this, but I'd like to understand the scenario which made it occur since at some point we'll need to revisit the player resolution/cache code (i.e. auto deleting the old player pointer stored). I'm guessing he deleted the old char and made it again.

Geoguy180
03-16-2015, 11:17 AM
I don't really know what has caused it. Only had 1 Geoguy181 account, so am confused, I just want all my achievements on one page visible, any help would be awesome.

Spiderpig99
03-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi. Im having the same issue. My ps2 account was deleted by mistake and I had it recreated by the ps2 admins. Now your site only shows my old stats and not the new stats. I see my recursion account linked to 2 different ps2 accounts only differing with a upper case P. Is it possible to add the stats of both recursion accounts into one? My username is the same as my ps2 account.

Thanks

Exploding Fist
03-23-2015, 01:58 AM
Hi. Im having the same issue. My ps2 account was deleted by mistake and I had it recreated by the ps2 admins. Now your site only shows my old stats and not the new stats. I see my recursion account linked to 2 different ps2 accounts only differing with a upper case P. Is it possible to add the stats of both recursion accounts into one? My username is the same as my ps2 account.

Thanks

Fixed.

Spiderpig99
03-23-2015, 05:52 AM
Fixed.

Thanks a lot! Realy appreciate it :)

Pibble
05-27-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm curious because someone used to have that name at some point in time, since it is associated with a player ID.

The way the player page works is the player name is resolved to the player id, and then the player id is used to pull all achievement data. The server doesn't expect two to be returned, and the first one is used (which is the old one).

I can fix this, but I'd like to understand the scenario which made it occur since at some point we'll need to revisit the player resolution/cache code (i.e. auto deleting the old player pointer stored). I'm guessing he deleted the old char and made it again.

I actually encountered this myself, but I did in fact delete and remake the character twice. (pibbies)

However I never realized I would run into the issue of multi-caching on both recursion and DA for the old playerID which in hind sight makes perfect sense...

I guess the best way to solve this "problem" would be to have a script run that would "re-nice" the list of player ID's and nicks at some reasonable interval and delete the non-existent legacy cached version and replace it with the one that's actually present on the API.

Might be something worth taking a look at, maybe grep the player ID/nick association once a week or so, and probably do it in chunks throughout the week so you dont hammer the API with a crap ton of queries all at once...

Something along the lines of "A-F" on Mondays, "F-K" Tues, etc.

I personally havnt dug into the API that much, so I dont know how difficult it would be to pull off, but just thought Id throw the idea out there, although Im sure this is a rare enough occurrence that it may not really warrant a "fix"