PDA

View Full Version : Small overlay HUD not working

DoubleG85
03-23-2015, 04:38 PM
hi there my small HUD isn't working, could I get any help. I'm currently running version .10.2.8

Silencer
03-23-2015, 05:33 PM
What OS are you running? Is the overlay version set to Auto under options? What have you tried?

Try going under options->display and select Use Legacy Hooks. Save. Then start PS2.

DoubleG85
03-24-2015, 03:56 PM
windows 8.1 and yes it's set to Auto.

nazniek
03-25-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm also on windows 8.1, as is a friend of mine and we also have this bug.

I've tried legacy hooks on and off, auto, setting manually to x86 and x64 for both clients each, making sure everything is enabled etc. And it hasn't helped. If there's any way to help find out what's wrong I'd be happy to.

For a 'workaround' atm of sorts I run with the streaming overlay, right click on it to disable everything I don't want and set it to always on top and transparent

Silencer
03-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Has the d3d overlay ever worked for you? Are you renaming the ps2 exe for any reason? (Like to force 32 bit mode) And legacy hooks requires you restart PS2 if it was running.

If you guys want to help find out what's causing this problem, follow the instructions in the readme and download this special log enabled dll from here (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5NksI6S3xuUWXhIM2lsSDVEVjg&usp=sharing). Then send me the log at silencer@recursion.tk

nazniek
03-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Has the d3d overlay ever worked for you? Are you renaming the ps2 exe for any reason? (Like to force 32 bit mode) And legacy hooks requires you restart PS2 if it was running.

If you guys want to help find out what's causing this problem, follow the instructions in the readme and download this special log enabled dll from here (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5NksI6S3xuUWXhIM2lsSDVEVjg&usp=sharing). Then send me the log at silencer@recursion.tk

I've sent you the logs. One with legacy hooks enabled, one with it disabled (log deleted in between, as to not have it tacked on etc) and the rtstlog.txt from the RTST program folder. All are labelled. It was with the usual x64 version, nothing renamed.

I have nothing else hooked/overlayed like msi afterburner/ts3overlay anymore either.

Silencer
03-26-2015, 05:49 AM
I've sent you the logs. One with legacy hooks enabled, one with it disabled (log deleted in between, as to not have it tacked on etc) and the rtstlog.txt from the RTST program folder. All are labelled. It was with the usual x64 version, nothing renamed.

I have nothing else hooked/overlayed like msi afterburner/ts3overlay anymore either.

The logs look like you are starting RTST after PS2. Can you run it before hand?

nazniek
03-26-2015, 03:46 PM
The logs look like you are starting RTST after PS2. Can you run it before hand?

I start it before, the weird thing is whenever I run with the debug DLL I get "rtst_run_dx64.exe has stopped working" whenever I start RTST and if I re-enable 'in-game overlay'. It happens both before PS2 is running and if it's already running.

DoubleG85
03-27-2015, 07:46 PM
what file do I have to replace