PDA

View Full Version : Voice pack not working

Pixel
04-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Guys, I have downloaded the jam voice pack and followed the instruction to install it (putted all the files into the VoicePacks folder) and I selected the PS2Jam.rtst_vpk from the impostations of the tracker. I don't know why but when I open the game and (for example) I killed someone, the sounds are the default ones! Please help me. Thanks to all.

Bushdoctor
04-07-2015, 06:20 PM
From what ive gathered you need to run the older version of recursion stat tracker to use the now out of date voicepack files and folders. In the new version it was changed how the voicepack files work so if your running latest version you cant use the older voicepacks such as the ones stickied at the top of the voicpacks thread here.
Problem then is, where do i find the download for the previous version of Recursion Stat Tracker? That is what im looking for now... ANYONE? Bueller?

Silencer
04-09-2015, 08:56 PM
If you are using version 9 voicepack files (They are xml files-- but with a rtst_vpk extension and the sound files are separate) then you have to have them organized as in the xml file. Typically the xml file will go in the root directory of the program with the sound files in a different folder.

Version 10 format only uses one file containing all of the data.

There is a bug in the current build that doesn't load version 9 files on program start, and is something that was just fixed and will be available in 0.10.3.

Bushdoctor
04-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Thank you, where can I download version 9?

RHINO_Mk.II
04-12-2015, 01:02 PM
I don't know if there's still an installer for version 9 floating around out there, but after some testing, it looks like you can republish the voicepack in v.10 format if you still have all the original sound files. Launch RTST and re-load the voicepack file to preview a few sounds and make sure it's working correctly. Then just click the publish button and use the new v.10 file which will load automatically when you launch RTST from then on.

Silencer
04-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Try using this file (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5NksI6S3xuUN2F6MDVOTEkwS0E/view?usp=sharing).

I converted it to a version 10 format. Just go to Options Audio Load, and select that file.

The reason your files weren't working originally is the files and folders needed to be in the root directory of the tracker folder, not voice pack folder. You don't have to worry about that with version 10 files.

lavaskink
08-16-2015, 07:41 AM
I'm having the same problem the OP is with the buzzcutpsycho.rtst_vpk. Is this file the version 9 format too?