PDA

View Full Version : Stat tracker sounds are delayed

[REBR]Fam0us3
04-15-2015, 03:26 PM
System: Win 8.1 x64

RTST Version: 0.10.3.0

Whenever I start recursion stat tracker and boot my game up when I get a combo or a headshot or any sounds for that reason my sounds are delayed. For about 4-10 seconds after the achievement happens. Requesting help!

halsoy
04-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Are you using a custom voice pack? If the sound files are encoded in 48khz samples, it doesn't load right away. They need to be 44.1khz to play instantly. Exactly why you'd have to get an answer from the devs, but I would assume either windows or the stat tracker itself does transcoding on the fly.

Silencer
04-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Is the tracker minimizing properly when you start the game? The redraw time for the window UI is quite slow.

[REBR]Fam0us3
04-15-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean by the tracker minimizing when I start the game. I'm not very technical. When I alt tab the window is hidden if that's what you mean. In answer to Halsoy yes I am I will check the file sizes later. Currently I am using soupy's voice pack

Silencer
04-16-2015, 10:24 AM
You're right, I was referring to it hiding. You say the sound is delayed, but do you see the achievement pop-up right away? Does the stat screen or HUD show the kill right away or is that delayed too?

[REBR]Fam0us3
04-16-2015, 10:26 AM
No the achievement does not go right away either. Same with the kill. It doesn not show up on the feed for about 4-10 seconds then everything plays

Silencer
04-16-2015, 10:32 AM
What region are you located in? It sounds like there's quite the delay in getting you the data to begin with. You could try forcing off-line mode in options and seeing if that makes any improvement for you. Offline mode requires you enter your player ID and faction to start session and will never show you enemy information, but it could help identify the issue or at least make it more usable.

The PS2 game server sends the data to their websocket server, their websocket server sends the data to you, if you don't have enemy information (like name) then it queries the census server for the data. The time adds up. Offline mode removes the last query.

[REBR]Fam0us3
04-16-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm from Canada(Vancouver) playing on Miller for My outfit. So that could be why :p. I'll try on offline mode when I get home. I'll post the results on Friday afternoon. Thanks a million! Does offline mode still show my stats? As in KDR and HSR?

Silencer
04-16-2015, 10:40 AM
It should show your session stats, but not overall stats.

You could also try a closer PS2 server, just to see. New characters will take awhile (~hour or so) before they are available to track.

rallan
04-29-2015, 06:46 AM
Not working at all here.

Past sessions through create session sessions work, but real-time tracking doesn't - it shows as session in progress, and connected at top right and my player online. However, the timer in session stats stays at 00:00 and kills/deaths aren't tracked.

Character is SVAop88.

edit: and it just derped completely... saved session here. https://recursiontracker.com/?p=c&c=saved&id=47094

I got Recursive Recursion on N/A. Hmm.

Silencer
04-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Not working at all here.

Past sessions through create session sessions work, but real-time tracking doesn't - it shows as session in progress, and connected at top right and my player online. However, the timer in session stats stays at 00:00 and kills/deaths aren't tracked.

Character is SVAop88.

edit: and it just derped completely... saved session here. https://recursiontracker.com/?p=c&c=saved&id=47094

I got Recursive Recursion on N/A. Hmm.

Is this recent? Just that character? When you try starting a session is there any error message in the top right corner?

rallan
04-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Oddly it's working again today. Not sure why I posted in this thread instead of making a new one (oops).

The broken saved session there happened when I used create session while in the middle of one of the bugged sessions which wasn't recording any kills, and it happened a few minutes before I made that post.

edit: No error message, was just showing connected. Also today my sessions are working but the session timer is still stuck at 00:00:00:00.

Silencer
04-30-2015, 08:35 AM
The session timer on the main form is bugged currently, the in game session timer on the HUD should be functional