PDA

View Full Version : How to Voice Paks

Dicerson
05-03-2015, 01:07 PM
I have no idea how to use them. I tried putting the folder i get when i dl them into the voice packs folder and when i go to tools>options>Audio>Load I can find the vpk but when i click apply and save it just bugs out the default voicepack.

RHINO_Mk.II
05-03-2015, 08:34 PM
If the voice pack you were trying to use was made before March 2015, it uses an old format. You can tell by the size of the file, if it's sub 100KB, it's an old version 9 voice pack. This format needs to have the sound (.ogg) files in the exact same subdirectory that the author had them in when the voice pack was created. Try putting the sound files or the folder containing them directly into your recursion install directory instead of the Voice Packs subdirectory. If that doesn't work, contact the voice pack creator to see if they can re-publish their voice pack in the new version 10 format, which bundles all the sound files into the voice pack when it is created. A version 10 voice pack will typically range in file size from 1-10 MB. If you think you have a version 10 voice pack that isn't working, try contacting the creator as well.