PDA

View Full Version : In game overlay hasn't worked for the past few months.

AlbinoOprah
05-14-2015, 11:45 AM
The RTST hasn't worked for me since January or February. It started ever since the stat tracker updated to 0.10.0 I think. I've checked every single forum post on this issue and nothing has worked for me. I run on a x64 operating system and have it set to auto or x64. I've loaded the default components before and after PS2 has launched. I've also tried running all of the programs as Administrator. I've also repaired the install a couple of times.
I can hear Radlock's voice in the background as I play the game. I just can't bring up the statistics page or the overlay like I used to. Previously when PS2 launched I would hear a ding noise when the stat tracker connected with PS2. I no longer hear that noise.

Any tips or ideas on how to get it working would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Silencer
05-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Can you try disabling any other software in the task tray to see if something is interfering? We've had reports of software that shouldn't interfere cause problems like rainmeter and f.lux

AlbinoOprah
05-14-2015, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Only things running on the system tray are the Recursion Tracker, NVIDIA GeForce experience, Microsoft security essentials, network, and speakers. I've also disabled all processes in the windows task manager that aren't essential.

Silencer
05-15-2015, 08:23 PM
In that case I don't know why it wouldn't work. And I know it's silly, but double check that Overlay -> In-Game Overlay is checked.

Now if you want to help figure out why it's not working, check out this page (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/#folders/0B5NksI6S3xuUaHdINHh4S2FfXzA/0B5NksI6S3xuUWXhIM2lsSDVEVjg) and follow the readme there and download the DLLs. The log file saves directly to the PlanetSide installation folder. Send me which contains advanced troubleshooting information.

AlbinoOprah
05-16-2015, 02:20 PM
I downloaded and replaced the overlay dll files. How fast does it create the rtstLog.txt file after you start testing? I cant find it anywhere in the planetside directory, or in my computer in general. Thanks for the help.

Silencer
05-18-2015, 08:19 AM
It should do it right away... This tells me its not hooking at all. You've tried running rtst as admin?

Also, look for a rtstLog under the Recursion folder too. If there is one paste the contents for me please.

Silencer
05-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Do you have any anti-virus running? Try disabling it to see if that's it.

Just confirmed Webroot definitely causes issues.