PDA

View Full Version : Overlay CTD

shack
07-06-2015, 08:53 PM
I've been having an issue with the ingame overlay, it randomly makes the game crash to desktop without any error message when i atltab back in.

It hangs for a few seconds with a frozen screen (but i can hear sounds just fine) and then the game CTDs, but the tracker keeps working normaly. It doesn't happen every time, sometimes i can alttab many times times over a long session without issues, until it suddenly crashes, other times it crashes on the first alttab. That crash obviously doesn't happen if i don't have the overlay enabled (or if it fails to launch)

I have logging enabled but the logs are devoid of any error messages. It happens even if i'm using the legacy hooks. I'm using Windows 7 64bit and tracker version 0.10.3.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Silencer
07-09-2015, 11:27 PM
Are there any other programs you have running which might interfere, such as other overlays or recording software? Are you launching through steam?

If you can try running without the other programs to help narrow down what's interfering that would help us fix it.

Also is this something that has happened more recently or has always occurred?

The other thing you can do is checkout these special log enabled DLLs https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B5NksI6S3xuUWXhIM2lsSDVEVjg

The readme explains how to install them. They record extra data which on a crash could help us identify the problem.

shack
07-13-2015, 08:25 PM
I forgot to mention steam, it happens regardless if i have the steam overlay enabled or not. I do not have any other overlays and neither recording software.

I did not use previous version of the tracker, but has happened since i started using the version i listed on the first post. I'll try out that DLL and get back to you.

Thanks in the meantime.

shack
07-13-2015, 10:05 PM
I tried the special DLL, this is the log the moment after my game CTDs https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59748349/rtstLog.txt

Silencer
07-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Okay, I've been looking it over. Is there any specific behavior you've identified which causes it to reproduce more often than not? Besides just alt tabbing.

I'm going to try to make some possible changes to it which might help.

Edit: Actually I think I can recreate it. It looks like if RTST sends a message to PlanetSide while the games alt-tabbed (Stats tab key press, hud update every minute, etc), then when you alt tab back in it crashes. Working on a fix now. This is a good find, thank you.

Silencer
07-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Okay, pushed updated DLLs which should fix your problem to Beta Participation. Make sure that's checked under options and then update.

Please let me know how they work.