PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect killfeed entry

Chipdemon
03-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Had an interesting bug happen to me earlier whilst playing, I was sitting in a sunderer i had spawned with a couple of friends, something shot us a couple of times and i moved the vehicle behind cover. The stat tracker then reported that my Lightning had just been destroyed by an enemy player, presumably the one shooting at me. I was sitting inside the sunderer at the time, and I had not spawned or been inside a lightning at all that day. Is it possible it reported the death of a friendly I had just resupplied or been in the vicinity of?

BoltAxion
lol, so the tracker saw you as a lightning?

Silencer
Vehicle events are a little odd. If you have an interaction with a vehicle it may claim it as yours. I have seen it before where if you are attacking an enemy vehicle and someone kills it the event will still be reported.

The information we get is fairly limited, but I am still going to see what I can do to clean up some of those events. What is accurate is when you kill a vehicle and we need that information. We disable vehicle events from showing by default in-part because of this.

It's still nice to have vehicle death information as it can show you who destroyed your empty vehicle or turret if you are someplace else. Or if your sunderer gets killed you can see who / which outfit is coming.

Exploding Fist
03-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Even more odd is if you shoot something unmanned and wait for it to burn to death, it'll report the vehicle as yours (suicide). You break it you bought it I guess

Anvie
03-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Thread migrated.