PDA

View Full Version : Vanu Overlay

Halsoy
03-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Hi.

Just figured I may as well share it here. Been working on an overlay for the outfit, and decided if I cut out the logo and some other bits, I'm left with a rather minimalist overlay. I've gone the way I have because I feel it fits the Vanu theme, with techy stuff. It's a translucent overlay (supposed to mimic a holographic display) with the typical Vanu colors as the main theme. Still not 100% sure on it, so consider it work in progress. There may be some issues with the colors on the killfeed since you can see right though it (meaning the colors of the killfeed may clash with the environment). However, it's not a big deal (to me anyway) and when/if you get to change the colors, it'll work out just fine. For now though, should anyone be intersted:

http://i.imgur.com/9D6L6LT.png

Silencer
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
That looks great! I can't wait to see it in action once the tracker is back up and running!

BoltAxion
Darn man, have you seen mine in the other post?
if i see this i need to practice more. this looks awesome man (it gives me ideas :P)

EDIT: Where did you get those icons and stuff, i had to make them all by hand.
i realy want to know that.

Master
Ty for sharing your overlay to the community halsoy.

Halsoy
Thanks BoltAxion

Also, the icons are a mixture, they're predone icons with my own edit on them (google is your friend to find source material). I like to first see if there's anything I had in mind out there, and then I can use that as a basis and shape it however I want. It saves some time even though you can consider it cheating. Everything other than the icons though are original material, which is all done with shapes and tools in photoshop.

PinetreeRoad
That is just lovely. Thank you for sharing.

BoltAxion
03-23-2014, 04:08 PM
oke thanks, i cant use photoshop i use GIMP 2.0 its a free same sort programe. coz i cant get it installed thats the problem with me on cs6

Anvie
03-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Thread migrated.