PDA

View Full Version : Apps?

puredeathnight
03-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Any possiblity of an app for android or apple? Or possibly a web app (so you could load up a page on a browser on most any device and see the app). I have dabbled a bit with app making for android and mainly need an app idea to try and make so I my self may try and making some form of such an app for android (doubt I would finish before you guys (assuming you decide to try an app) and wouldnt release it even if i did finish it without permission).

Sinist
03-23-2014, 09:10 PM
I think Android uses Java.

Silencer is a C++ programmer.

Maybe Windows Phone is more doable since it uses a form of managed C++/C#.

I'm not sure what the IPhone use's.Objective C? Which is nothing like C/C++.

1 comment

http://planetside.cc/core/images/default/default_avatar_thumb.png (http://planetside.cc/member/1962-puredeathnight)
#2.1 (http://planetside.cc/forum/community-sites-and-resources/recursion-stat-tracker-forums/feature-requests/2487-apps?p=2496#post2496)

puredeathnight (http://planetside.cc/member/1962-puredeathnight) commented
02-27-2014, 11:34 AM

I know it isnt a straight port to android, but seeing as there are other apps already on the android market that have some sats (not live stream tho and more close to just the soe app stats) it should be possible

Silencer
03-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Writing a pure real-time stat tracker is definitely doable on other platforms. However this project is already quite a bit more than just displaying stats.

We wouldn't be able to have some of the features that we do now had this been written for a browser, and our development plan includes some really cool things that simply won't be possible on anything other than a Windows system.

puredeathnight
03-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Silencer View Post (http://planetside.cc/forum/community-sites-and-resources/recursion-stat-tracker-forums/feature-requests/2487-apps?p=2501#post2501)
Writing a pure real-time stat tracker is definitely doable on other platforms. However this project is already quite a bit more than just displaying stats. We wouldn't be able to have some of the features that we do now had this been written for a browser, and our development plan includes some really cool things that simply won't be possible on anything other than a Windows system.
Is it possible that some of these features could be streamed frlm the computerto the app over a local connection. Ie for warthunder you can eneter a url into your browser and View the current mini mal that is on your pc. -sprry for typos im on a mobile device cant see the post box and once i close the keyboard i cant go back and change what i typed

Silencer
03-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by puredeathnight View Post (http://planetside.cc/forum/community-sites-and-resources/recursion-stat-tracker-forums/feature-requests/2487-apps?p=2524#post2524)
Is it possible that some of these features could be streamed frlm the computerto the app over a local connection. Ie for warthunder you can eneter a url into your browser and View the current mini mal that is on your pc. -sprry for typos im on a mobile device cant see the post box and once i close the keyboard i cant go back and change what i typed
Yeah when I post here from a mobile device I have similar problems.

Well we could technically stream information from our program over a socket to another process or device. I guess I don't understand what exactly you want to do. Can you explain in more detail either here or in PM?

puredeathnight
03-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Silencer View Post (http://planetside.cc/forum/community-sites-and-resources/recursion-stat-tracker-forums/feature-requests/2487-apps?p=2528#post2528)

Yeah when I post here from a mobile device I have similar problems.

Well we could technically stream information from our program over a socket to another process or device. I guess I don't understand what exactly you want to do. Can you explain in more detail either here or in PM?
You said that there are/ maybe feature that are not possible on any other system than windows, my thinking is do the processing on a windows computer (ie. what your running the tracker on and playing PS2) and display the result as say local site on your network, or possibly results from several different computers (again on the same local network for simplicity and as a start) and delegate a computer/client to compare the data coming from the various computers.

Ie. for the first bit people with one screen but that have like a tablet or smart device, type in network path that shows them the stats that the client on their computer is displaying (but you cant see because of the game being up

Ie. 2 Say you have a group of friends over and want to see how well each of you are doing in relation to each other. Either have each person start up a client on there computer that their playing on and connect to a "host" client, or a single person starts up the client and select multiply players to track at the same time and can compare them as well as display individual stat sets. And then the resulting data could be viewed in a similar manner as in the first example and above.

side note: the desktop version of this site doesn't like it when i try and type or edit where I already typed after clicking off of the text box so that's why my posts are so poorly formatted

Silencer
03-23-2014, 09:14 PM
So a couple things... group monitoring and comparison is something we plan to natively support. As for users with a single monitor who want to see their stats we have something in the works to address that.

The idea of a detailed stats tablet app does interest me and I am also interested in providing more information for developers to modify or build off of RTST, but I would need more reasons and examples to do so. The API SOE provides is very extensive as it is.

puredeathnight
03-23-2014, 09:15 PM
So a couple things... group monitoring and comparison is something we plan to natively support. As for users with a single monitor who want to see their stats we have something in the works to address that. The idea of a detailed stats tablet app does interest me and I am also interested in providing more information for developers to modify or build off of RTST, but I would need more reasons and examples to do so. The API SOE provides is very extensive as it is.
If it was built in with the client (or be able to aleast be able to interface with it ) then the app could be used as a tool for squad and platoln leads to view the map and set wayponts smoke missions ect, but as it stands now you cant. That could be something that could be done after they let rtst connect with the client in the meen time you could do something where rtst users on the same server and fraction share waypoints that each of them could see. More thought out explination: use the app as like a command center for platoons or squads that have members usi g the tracker (they would have to manualy join the tracker platoon tho) and this would hopefully evolve if soe takes intrist in it to be intragted with tye game so that leaders dont have to sit in game stairing at a map blind to thier surrondings. Additonaly with the tracker platoon/squad the leader could see witch people are performing well and witch are performing badly relative to other squad members r platoon memebers. Then squads in whole and thier performance. (I really hate this fourm on mobile i hope my post looks halfway deicent)