PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get the Stream Overlay to work

DethBySneaky
04-06-2014, 03:44 PM
So I took about an hour or two today to get the streaming overlay with RCST set up, and I've hit a wall.

I tried following the tutorial in the overlay help window step by step, but the current beta version seems to be quite a bit ahead of the version used in that tutorial video.

These are the settings I currently have set in OBS. That window capture window is the settings for the stream overlay, which likes to just blanket the stream in white, except for the overlay image which can stil be seen.

I apologize if this is in the wrong topic, or not enough info. Let me know if it isn't. I would really like to get the overlay working, I'm just beyond the point of doing it myself.

RadLock
04-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Do you have a second monitor where the overlay is rendered? If the overlay isn't in any renderspace, it will not show up or update on a stream.

Aside from that, the Overlay needs to be on top of everything in your source list--putting an image file such as the TR overlay image above it will obscure the data. I would try that first and see if it corrects the problem.

Sinist
04-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Simple issue here as far as the white screen.

Move the "overlay" scene up in priority over your "TR Overlay" image scene in OBS. It needs to be the first scene in OBS.

The order of your scenes in OBS set's their priority for the stream image. The first scene will always render topmost, the second scene will be under that, the third under that, etc. You want it to be RTST Data is topmost, the image that makes it look pretty (Your TR Image) underneath that, and lastly your game as the bottom scene so both the data and the image appear over it.

You also need to start the "Streaming overlay" from the Real Time Stat Tracker. Goto Overlay -> Streaming Overlay. In none of your screenshots do you actually have the streaming overlay even started in RTST. You will see a Grey Box open up with numbers and names, this is the data that the overlay will project on top of your image. The background color of this image is what you want to set as your transparency color.

Hope that helps

You may also need to goto "EDIT SCENE" right next to the start streaming button and make sure that each scene is allocated only the screen space that it will be appearing in, you don't need them taking up anything other then the topmost portion of the streamimage. By default you usually don't need to mess with this too much but it could be a reason you have the "White screen" problem.