PDA

View Full Version : Server-Based Recursion Stat Tracker

Klypto
10-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Hey guys.

I'm kinda working on a server-based version of the stat tracker so it can put eveyone's data up on my someday probably never to be released player profile pages to compete with fisu, voidwell and the others trying to fill in the DA Stats vacuum. That player profile thing might never happen but while I have the time my side 2nd side of a hobby is working on it to learn how to do it. For Fun.

And I mean Everyone's achievements will be tracked... with maybe some extras (for example, "Shut Down" for killing someone in the middle of a quick succession killstreak since the server will already be aware of everyone's activity).

Currently it's just blowing through everyone's life and quick succession streaks with no effort while I slowly add more complicated logic for the other things. For the very simple logic achievements it looks promising but we'll see if I'm competent enough to add the other stuff in there without bogging the whole thing down.

Just wanted to give you a heads up and a chance to provide any input.

If this already exists somewhere then heck, spare me the time I got anime and TV I could watch.

Exploding Fist
10-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Isn't dasanfall working on getting their stuff running again, or have they given up?

Klypto
10-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Isn't dasanfall working on getting their stuff running again, or have they given up?

It's been like, 2 months now. At this point I'm like whatever man. I want to build DA 2.0 with more stuff that I've always wanted on the site but never happened. LampJaw might do it with voidwell.com but I'm not sure what his full plan is and if it meets the level of what I expect or if he'll get it done before I die of old age.

Anyways here's the... a.. thing:

http://173.61.35.188/status

Not all of it works yet, so only like 60% of the achievements I wanted to do are active. Character data like BR and KDR is next.

Exploding Fist
10-29-2015, 10:21 PM
That looks pretty cool. :emot-hfive:

If your objective is to learn some extremely relevant technology I'd suggest you look at logstash, elasticsearch, and kibana (ELK). I had a dedicated server pulling all every event from every PS2 server and storing data for Recursion for fairly long period of time with full indexing and adhoc queries. Was extremely useful for various internal analytics we were doing. Now you'd never want to expose the interfaces to the public directly, but instead front it with something else to securely query it to get the data you want. One basic but neat example is formulating a query that would show when servers went offline (this has a very unique pattern), then then query for all logins/logouts from that point forward and display by faction/server, and you now have extremely accurate player numbers by faction and server. I was considering at one point having this data made available to the stat tracker, but that is not likely to happen now.

Here is a basic example of it being used to show outfit stats for a specific op after the fact (we had far more detailed dashboards as well):

https://recursion.tk/p/Jan-29-05.png