PDA

View Full Version : Unable to reach the API servers.

Qara21
01-06-2016, 12:57 AM
Hello everyone,

i downloaded recursion a few days ago and i always get the error message "Unable to reach the API servers. Do you wish to run in offline mode?".

Why can't my recursion connect to the servers? I tried reinstalling recursion as well, but it did nothing.

And i'm not sure whats the point with the offline mode, since it just runs a timer how long i'm playing but no ingame overlay, stats or sounds. And yes, overlay and sounds are enabled.

I hope someone can help me out.

*FIX: I added the ID of my character instead of the name.*

Exploding Fist
01-06-2016, 01:41 AM
These are the Daybreak API servers. If they can't be reached at all for you then it is likely you have firewall software denying access. That, or you can't access it at all for another reason. You can check if your browser has access by going here: https://census.daybreakgames.com/get/ps2:v2/character/?character_id=5428061686725186097&c:show=name

If that works then it is likely a firewall issue.

Qara21
01-06-2016, 02:28 AM
Thanks for your answer.

But i think the link don't work for me, it just shows:" {"character_list":[{"name":{"first":"ExpFist","first_lower":"expfist"}}],"returned":1} " on a white site.

I tried to connect recursion without my firewall but it still doesn't connect.

Exploding Fist
01-06-2016, 06:38 AM
Grab this piece of software and run it when it attempts to connect: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/tcpview.aspx

What do you see?

Qara21
01-06-2016, 09:41 AM
I deleted/edited this post after the solution down below.

Exploding Fist
01-06-2016, 09:45 AM
The connection is going through, so something else is wrong. Can you try monitoring another player that's online? Alternatively add your character by ID instead of name. I've seen an issue where there was a name resolution conflict in their API causing something similar. Specifying the ID solved this.

Qara21
01-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Okay thank you very much Exploding Fist.

I added the ID of my character instead of the name, and it works perfectly now.

Exploding Fist
01-06-2016, 11:09 AM
What is the character name that is causing this issue? I'd like to confirm it is what I suspect.