PDA

View Full Version : New Achievement Ideas

Sinist
04-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Often times I feel that I am doing some ridiculous things that are not giving me any positive feedback. Clinical depression is starting to kick in.

If I kill 3-5 people with my pistol I feel like I did something special, please make me feel special.

If I kill 20 or 30 people with Infantry weapons I feel like a special snowflake, please remind me. It's no Batman but worth a mention.

If I shoot and kill a Liberator with a dumbfire rocket, I would feel better if Radlock reminded me.

If I kill 5+ air vehicles with a Burster Max please give me some positive feedback because Burster Max is a thankless enough job as it is.

If I kill 5+ ground vehicles in a single life I think that should be worth an achievement. I know I just got a bunch of cert's but I still want a shoutout.

Anyone that kills someone 15 times in a session should get a "REPORTED" achievement or something funny. The next thing after "Recursion".

If after an hour the majority of your kills are from by sitting in a vehicle or a MAX you should have Radlock scream "YOU ARE PLAYING CHEESE SOLDIER!", then get a "Cheese" achievement that pops up a big block of cheese.

There should be achievements for killing vehicles with AV Maxes.

There should be a funny achievement for killing 3+ vehicles with Lock On's in a single life, like a "That was easy" or a "You cant shake me".

There should be an achievement for Mario Stomping a vehicle with a Galaxy called "Mario Stomped".

There should be an achievement for ramming 3+ ESF's in a single life with a Galaxy called "Fear the whale" or "Killer Whale" or something.

Anyways im drunk so.. I hope this makes sense. ANd my avatar,....

Silencer
04-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Yeah, we could use more pistol achievements.

And after that liberator buff I'd like to see something special when you kill one too.

Also, change your avatar-- it really is disturbing! Don't let Fist punch you, man!

Exploding Fist
04-14-2014, 05:58 AM
I tried to find something that even I found mildly disturbing, and there you have it.

Over half of those achievements are already in the list to get recorded next session, some we'll consider. 'Cheese' related negative achievements we discussed quite a bit and decided not to put in because the intent really isn't to make fun of a player too much, and we already have enough of that already. If there was a way to tell if someone was just sitting in a spawn room, then that'd be an ideal spot though. Getting 'Recursion' was supposed to be really difficult, but I was surprised to find out how much kill repetition actually exists sometimes. Putting a really high one would be interesting to see how many will get it.

Thank you for your suggestions creepy icing woman.

Sinist
04-14-2014, 03:01 PM
The avatar stays, it is my gift and my curse.

I will forever be the icing person.

Klypto
04-17-2014, 04:42 PM
If we had an option to choose to show negative achievements on our account I would go for it. Personally I'm not embarrassed by my total mass-murder of teamates in accidental roadkills of zergs. I love the "Only you can prevent Friendly Fire" one.

Also Getting "YOUR TERRIBLE" "You're Still Trying?" At STN base nadespam is hilarious.

The avatar stays, it is my gift and my curse.

I will forever be the icing person.

Get's a 10/10 from me. Couldn't contain myself, almost burst out laughing in class.

Exploding Fist
04-25-2014, 04:20 AM
If we had an option to choose to show negative achievements on our account I would go for it. Personally I'm not embarrassed by my total mass-murder of teamates in accidental roadkills of zergs. I love the "Only you can prevent Friendly Fire" one.

Also Getting "YOUR TERRIBLE" "You're Still Trying?" At STN base nadespam is hilarious.

Get's a 10/10 from me. Couldn't contain myself, almost burst out laughing in class.

If I can figure out an easy way to identify someone owns a character, then I have no problem showing them to the owner for fun. Since your achievements are public the point is to avoid having them used as mockery fuel by only showing the ones that are actually achievements.

Hajj Podge
04-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Killing somebody with a shotgun headshot should have a callout like "DICK CHENEY" or "VICE PRESIDENTIAL".

xtcpants
05-12-2014, 12:49 PM
the multikills shouldnt stop at 9 they should go to 12 at least because you could shoot down a galaxy and get 12 kills easy. if people can get 9 kills in a row im sure they can get 12
and the icing guy is sooooo creepy

Silencer
05-12-2014, 03:27 PM
the multikills shouldnt stop at 9 they should go to 12 at least because you could shoot down a galaxy and get 12 kills easy. if people can get 9 kills in a row im sure they can get 12
and the icing guy is sooooo creepy

Technically 12 does get a special version of "Holy Shit". ;)