PDA

View Full Version : Type initializer threw an exception

Poyraz
04-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Hello.

Today I encountered this error. I reinstalled but I still have the same problem. When I try starting RTST this popup, and nothing else, is displayed:

Please help.

Edit: My OS is Windows 7 x64 and my RTST version is 1.1.0.7.

Silencer
04-17-2016, 08:57 AM
I looked up the error report and saw it can't load a dependency. Reinstalling should have fixed it, but try downloading this file https://recursiontracker.com/fist/yEli9Eheh4yx/Polenter.SharpSerializer.dll and placing it RecursionTracker install directory.

Poyraz
04-17-2016, 09:47 AM
I get a "this site can't be reached - the connection was reset" error when I click the link you posted.

EDIT: And when I click the link with Zenmate enabled (I live in one of those countries where the internet is censored) Chrome gives me a download error.

EDIT 2: I disabled my antivirus and that allowed me to download the .dll. Problem solved, your fix worked. Thank you for your help.

Silencer
04-17-2016, 10:33 AM
No problem! If you re-enable your AV and it blocks the program starting, please let me know. I saw some error reports that linked that file to av triggers, and only recently. What av do you run?

Poyraz
04-17-2016, 01:02 PM
I run Avast. It's never blocked RTST from running before.

Silencer
04-17-2016, 03:52 PM
I've had another report of avast causing problems today. There may have been a definition update which is causing a problem.