PDA

View Full Version : Achievement

Bovine74
09-07-2017, 05:49 AM
I would like to be able to add an achievement that will trigger quite a lot, my basic thinking is that of for example:

1) I want to be able to play anudio file or dynamic selection, that will make it sound like someone is commenting on your play, or use sources from other places for example commentary of sports. Effectively it would tick along like sports commentary until something happened of interest, such as a kill achievement.

Example: Moving 500m

It would need to be interruptable to work

I would then tie a variety of audio or blanks to that achievement.

ashley
09-07-2017, 05:57 AM
The Recursion Tracker relies on API data provided by DBG and does not hook into the game directly or have access to reading game data. Thus, movement data is out of scope of the Tracker and it's not possible to do any thing related to how or where you move.

The only possible workaround would be tracking how long you hold down movement keys but this would be impossible to make context-sensitive and too finicky to be feasible, sorry.

The existing achievements do support dynamic sound clip selection so you could do sports commentary relating to those, just in case you're not already aware.

Bovine74
09-07-2017, 07:27 AM
Yes I am aware of that, I guess I could tie it to kills but that may be infrequent, is there any tracking for example of number of shots. I was trying to think of something that would work on a more regular basis (so with shots every 500 shots), I was just after a regular trigger.

Bovine74
09-07-2017, 07:30 AM
I am currently doing a classic NBA commentators callouts pack, think Kevin Harlan, Breen, etc, "Bang!!!", "Bingo!", "He drops that in and booom!"

ashley
09-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Shots fired is counted in the API but it doesn't update in real-time to reduce load, instead it refreshes in sporadic chunks (the timing seems to potentially vary depending on server load, but it's a good few minutes in between updates at minimum) so it's not usable for any real-time announcements either.

CRTTap
03-04-2024, 08:12 PM
Is there a particular aspect of the game, other than movement data, that you would like to track more regularly, like the number of shots, to enhance the frequency of your NBA commentators callouts pack in the Recursion Tracker?