PDA

View Full Version : Recursion Tracker prevent Planetside from running.

EternalCrow
04-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Since Planetside 04/10 patch, Recursion Tracker cause my Planetside client to close (just, poof, the game is no more running, no crash) on first loading time (before the character selection).
I got no problem when starting Planetside without RT running.
The game closes exatly here everytime (loading bar between the 'P' and the 'L') https://puu.sh/A2r54/055a8be316.jpg

Now to the specs:
-Steam (I tried with and without Steam overlay, no difference)
-Windows 7 (x64)
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
-Intel Core I5-4570
-8GB RAM

RumpelAusDerTonne
04-13-2018, 02:20 PM
I have the same problem, although my client manages to load the character screen and even login, probably due to machine speed differences.

When the Recursion Tracker is running, the game "crashes" soon after loading the character screen (if I wait there a few seconds) or a few seconds after i login my character. The whole screen turns white and another second later I'm on my desktop. No crash notification or anything. It happens since ASP patch.

Stuff I tried so far:
Update Nvidia driver to latest version: 391.35
Repaired Recursion stat tracker installation.

System Specs:
Win 10 Education Build 1709
i7-6700k
16 GB DDR-4
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Exploding Fist
04-13-2018, 03:13 PM
What are your user names?

EternalCrow
04-13-2018, 03:34 PM
EternalCrow for Recursion Tracker, Etern4lCrow on Miller

Silencer
04-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Under tools -> options -> display make sure Use Legacy Hooks is turned OFF

Try disabling any other software overlay/hooking software that could interfere such as Riva Tuner or Nahimic.

EternalCrow
04-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Legacy Hooks is still OFF.
After a quick google search on Riva Tuner and Nahimic, I found out that I do have something that corresponds to Nahimic : SteelSeries Engine, my keyboard and headset driver.
I turned it off, and it works!

Further thinking, I had noticed that my keyboard happen to derp (sometimes totally stop working, not even able to alt-tab) while on PS2 after a reboot, but I had not imagined it could be linked to RT.

Thank you for your help, I will be able to focus on the game again instead of handwrite every headshot on a scrap paper :)

Silencer
04-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Thank you for giving that a shot.

The nahimic problem was discovered fairly recently and we haven't had time to see why that is. We try to be as compatible as we can be with other software.

RumpelAusDerTonne
04-13-2018, 08:45 PM
What are your user names?

RumpelAusDerTonne, in Recursion and on Miller

--------------

With help of this thread I found the incompatible program: It's Sonic Studio 2 (https://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/1015213/)
Disabling it lets me enjoy Planetside 2 with Recursion :)

Thank you guys and keep up the good work :)