PDA

View Full Version : Stat Tracker for Solo Play?

Trevellian
05-05-2014, 09:14 AM
I am not a streamer, I have In-Game Overlay checkmarked, yet it does not put the big stat overlay over my screen like the overlay people use for Streams. I'd like to be able to see all that stuff but can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong. I've tried starting a session before starting the game, I've tried checking and unchecking all sorts of things in the settings but for the life of me can not get that Stat overlay to display for my personal viewing.
I'm using Windows 8 64-bit

Can anyone help me figure this out or is it just not possible to get the stat display over your own game?

eufie
05-05-2014, 01:45 PM
In short: No. In-game overlay does not display the information in the manner shown by the streaming overlay. The in-game overlay only includes the audio call outs, achievements that were obtained and current killstreaks (and if chain kills were involved). You can, however, access the stat information by pressing and holding the '~' (tilde) key.

Just be sure to have RTST running + In-game overlay prior to running Planetside 2.

Be sure to also check that your Stats Hot Key (Set as Oemtilde by default) is enabled in your Options > Configure.

Hope this answered your concern. Cheers!

Trevellian
05-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah I found the Tilde option after playing with it for awhile, I was just really hoping for the constant on screen HUD for non-streaming play.
Any chance of something like that supported in the future?

eufie
05-05-2014, 04:10 PM
-snip-

Silencer (or someone else) should be able to address your questions regarding the development of the RTST. I don't stream myself, personally, but I have recently started running OBS to record my sessions w/ the overlay. Although I don't get to actively enjoy seeing the stream overlay, it's as close to it when I get to review my sessions. But like I said, an active overlay may be in the works; maybe not.

menime42
05-05-2014, 05:32 PM
The other option is to play in windowed mode or if you have another monitor to have it running on that one. I prefer to have the stats shown so i just live with playing in windowed.

Exploding Fist
05-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah I found the Tilde option after playing with it for awhile, I was just really hoping for the constant on screen HUD for non-streaming play.
Any chance of something like that supported in the future?

The in-game overlay is quite new, and at this time there is not an in-game persistent overlay available. The one for streaming would be far too obtrusive. We are planning to make a sleeker in game one available at some point.