PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Idea: Rival

Autoxidation
05-12-2014, 03:23 PM
I had an idea, since the database tracks who kills you the most and who you kill the most, is it possible to add achievements if you kill someone who has killed you more than you've killed them, and they're in the top 10 list? It could be even too. Say I have 10 kills on Klypto and he has 10 kills on me, and he's #2 on my most killed/killed by list. I could get a "One Upped Rival" achievement for killing him, or get a negative achievement for letting him kill me.

I'm unsure if it is too complex for the API, but thought it would add some cool flavor to the tracker.

BTW, I love the tracker. Keep up the great work!

Talthos
05-23-2014, 11:57 AM
I like this idea, personally. It might even lead to some funny starts to friendships in Planetside 2, like "Hey! I remember you! You've been on my "Rival List" since last month!", XD

Exploding Fist
05-23-2014, 01:33 PM
What about the ability to add people you want to get a special notification for killing, like a target list, would that work? We don't have a huge database of everyone who killed you, nor are we looking to be a huge historical stats site, so that would be the only feasible way of doing it.

rallan
05-23-2014, 03:28 PM
What about the ability to add people you want to get a special notification for killing, like a target list, would that work? We don't have a huge database of everyone who killed you, nor are we looking to be a huge historical stats site, so that would be the only feasible way of doing it.

Is the list of people who killed you/you killed the most on the players site not available through the API?

Exploding Fist
05-24-2014, 06:33 AM
No, they store that in their database. It's also only recent history (like a month or two?)

Sinist
05-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Could silencer store a recent killcount of other players locally that gets loaded when the session starts and keep a tally that way?

Maybe only your top 20 rivals or something so that its not a massive amount of data being processed upon.

Autoxidation
06-01-2014, 03:21 PM

I guess that'd be a fine compromise. I just thought since that kind of information was displayed in the players.planetside.com area you would be able to access it.

I guess it's not possible to import database information and associate it with a running account? I imagine it would be a one time set up thing and from there the tracker would update it. Probably more work than it is worth if you don't have any foundation already, but just thought it'd be a nifty idea.

Talthos
06-08-2014, 08:32 PM
A possible way to add a rival: Sift through the chat log of who killed you (whenever someone lands a killing blow on you, their name is recorded in the chat window (example: FutureCrew killed you.)), and add them from there.

zorplex
07-05-2014, 04:35 PM
I just had a similar idea to what others are saying. It seemed so obvious I thought it might already be implemented, but since I couldn't find it, I came to the forum only to find others had already suggested the idea.

I'd love to be able to add player names to a hit list which will make the stat tracker notify me when they appear on my kill feed. It would be nice to be able to keep track of certain players without having to stare at the kill feed in game. Whether they are enemies you enjoy fighting, or just someone that decided to send you rage tells during a fight, it would be nice to be able to keep track of them without adding them to your friends list. If you want to get fancy, add a field in the tracker target list for the user to add a description of the player and why they were added to the target list.