PDA

View Full Version : 0.9.2 Full Patch Notes - Persistent HUD Overlay, Voice Packs, and Session Saving

Silencer
05-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Full Patch Notes

-New Features-
A Persistent Stats HUD Overlay (https://recursion.tk/content.php?127-DirectX-Stats-HUD-Basic-Configuration) is now available for displaying basic stats similar to the streaming overlay.
- This can be customized or turned off under configuration options.

Custom Voice Packs (https://recursion.tk/content.php?128-Achievement-Options-Creating-Voice-Packs) can now be created and loaded under configuration options. Sound files need to be in .ogg format.
Each achievement now has multiple options available for it:
- Sound Enabled
- In-Game Overlay Enabled
- Streaming Overlay Enabled
- Sound File to Use
It is possible to publish your settings and share them and any custom sound files with other users.

Session Saving is now available under the Session tab. This will save any current session to the Recursion Server for later viewing on our website.
- This saves current weapon stats, all killboard events, character information, and earned achievements for this time frame.

API Offline Mode
- If the Census servers are down the program can now attempt to only use the event socket connection. The program will function in limited capacity but still offer session stats and most achievements.

DirectX Improvements!
- The rendering process has been improved allowing more effects and better filtering.
- Animation timers have improved accuracy.
- Alt tab should function better and more consistently regain a connection to PlanetSide.
- Updated VC++ libraries to 2013.

Added Minimize, Maximize, and Exit Buttons. Look out future, we are ready for you!

New Achievement Mutually Assured Death!
New Achievement for 500 kill-streak!
New Achievement for killing the same person 10+ times!

- Bug Fixes -
New Sound Implementation!
-In order to address waveOut and other errors some users with certain sound cards and drivers experienced we have reworked the entire process to hopefully resolve these issues.
Multiple N/A kills in the same timestamp will count correctly toward stats.
Vehicle events will now update weapon specific vehicle stats properly.
Locked DPI settings for DirectX bitmap generation. This corrects an issue where text would not scale correctly on high DPI settings while in-game.

- Changes -
The tilde stats screen now features a clock.
Turning off DirectX or the HUD will now free the appropriate resources in PlanetSide.
Updated Recursion server links in the client to reflect the new address.
More achievement icons have been added.
Configuration menu has been modified and cleaned up for use with the new features.
Restoring defaults on the streaming overlay will now reset all images used to default.
Loading custom images for the streaming overlay now uses an improved process to reduce the possibility of a locked file error when switching between editing modes.
Improved various error handling on the streaming overlay.
The streaming overlay will now display the item being dragged.
Misc fixes.

Saving Sessions
When you are finished with a session and want to record it for yourself or for others to see, go to Session -> Save Session.

You can then view previously saved sessions from visiting our website.

Exploding Fist
05-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Way to give away our secret plans!

Exploding Fist
05-22-2014, 06:38 AM
The ability to save your sessions on the server will also be available in 0.9.2: https://tracker.recursion.tk/?p=c&c=saved

Sinist
05-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Can I haz?

I think that it should probably be turned on by default since people don't really dig into options when first using a program and the feature may go un-noticed by most people if they need to manually enable it. If they bitch about it just be like "Noob go into options and turn it off and then RTFM".

For example I still have not configured my streaming overlay to omit the information I want omitted and to rework the image overlay accordingly. I have always meant to experiment with it but it just comes down to being content with what was offered initially. I think you should go with that same principal with the new overlay options, people are more likely to use it if you enable it by default.

Exploding Fist
05-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Can I haz?

I think that it should probably be turned on by default since people don't really dig into options when first using a program and the feature may go un-noticed by most people if they need to manually enable it. If they bitch about it just be like "Noob go into options and turn it off and then RTFM".

For example I still have not configured my streaming overlay to omit the information I want omitted and to rework the image overlay accordingly. I have always meant to experiment with it but it just comes down to being content with what was offered initially. I think you should go with that same principal with the new overlay options, people are more likely to use it if you enable it by default.

You and I are in agreement!