PDA

View Full Version : Issue right after sign-in.

DarkBlaze418
06-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Hey guys, saw this Real Time stat tracker on video on youtube and I decided to install it and try to use it. Upon signing in to it an error message comes up and it reads "The Procedure entry point K32GetModuleInformation could not be located on the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll" after i close that box Microsoft Windows proceeds to tell me the program is not working properly and I close it all out.

I love the idea of the Stat tracker, I think it will help me become a much better player...if I can get it working. Help?

Ghstmarauder
06-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Make sure your .Net is updated

DarkBlaze418
06-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Just Doubled checked. My .NET is up-to date

Silencer
06-05-2014, 04:06 PM
An issue with a .NET library even if you are up to date it could cause it. Try repair installing it. Here is the latest version http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40779

Wait, what OS are you running?

DarkBlaze418
06-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.

I Also downloaded the link you posted and repaired and restarted my PC. Same error message came up.

Silencer
06-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2

I'm sorry DarkBlaze, our software will not work on Vista. We use libraries which Microsoft doesn't support on Vista.

When we officially release our software (1.0) we will provide officially supported operating systems and better documentation.

DarkBlaze418
06-05-2014, 04:38 PM
:emot-ughh:

Silencer
06-05-2014, 05:21 PM
I wish I could help more. Ideally I want every one to be able to use our software.

Our hands are full just supporting Windows 7 and 8, x86 and x64 variants. There is no way we would ever get anything done adding Vista in to the mix. Especially without full Microsoft support for their own libraries.

RHINO_Mk.II
09-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Just figured I should mention that I'm also running into the same issue and would appreciate support for Vista if you were able to add it. In the meantime all I get is audio cues.

Silencer
09-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Just figured I should mention that I'm also running into the same issue and would appreciate support for Vista if you were able to add it. In the meantime all I get is audio cues.

Vista Compatible Files (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5NksI6S3xuUSGhJREVoMzdENWs/edit?usp=sharing)

Make sure the program is not running. Extract these to your installation directory overwriting the four files present.

Let me know if this helps. I can't test them outside of a VM.

RHINO_Mk.II
09-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Let me know if this helps. I can't test them outside of a VM.
Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

The latest patch seems to have the same effect as replacing those files in the install directory. I no longer get the error message relating to kernel32.dll when launching RTST with overlay enabled, but I am running into another issue. When RTST is running with overlay enabled, PS2 crashes immediately after launching. When PS2 is running and I attempt to enable the overlay, nothing happens. I have repaired my VC++ Redist install and made sure that the overlay and ps2 versions match, but the problem persists.

RadLock
09-21-2014, 08:20 PM
When RTST is running with overlay enabled, PS2 crashes immediately after launching.

What window settings are you using? Can you try cycling around launching the game in windowed, fullscreen windowed, and fullscreen with RTST to see if it's a render space issue?

Silencer
09-21-2014, 10:16 PM
What window settings are you using? Can you try cycling around launching the game in windowed, fullscreen windowed, and fullscreen with RTST to see if it's a render space issue?

Or other overlays / recording software you're using and if you can try with out them to see if that affects it.

RHINO_Mk.II
09-22-2014, 10:15 AM

Or other overlays / recording software you're using and if you can try with out them to see if that affects it.

Tried cycling the various modes in PS2 with no effect. I'm not using any other programs with overlays or recording. I did get the "streaming overlay" to appear and it seems to be working, although I can't play the game with it over top because the background is a huge grey rectangle instead of transparent.

Silencer
09-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Which version of Vista are you using? x64 or x86? Have you tried launching both as Admin / not as Admin?

What I would rather do in further troubleshooting this is get you on our new development build as soon as possible and go from there. The code changes between current release and development are getting too great to troubleshoot existing problems which may have already been solved.

Back-porting a few changes like basic Vista support and removing VC++ dependencies didn't take too much time, but anything else and it's going to get very inefficient for development.

We're working on a new distribution system, which when ready, we can invite you to it for initial testing.

RHINO_Mk.II
09-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Which version of Vista are you using? x64 or x86? Have you tried launching both as Admin / not as Admin?

What I would rather do in further troubleshooting this is get you on our new development build as soon as possible and go from there. The code changes between current release and development are getting too great to troubleshoot existing problems which may have already been solved.

Back-porting a few changes like basic Vista support and removing VC++ dependencies didn't take too much time, but anything else and it's going to get very inefficient for development.

We're working on a new distribution system, which when ready, we can invite you to it for initial testing.

I'm running 64-bit Vista. I have tried running both programs with and without admin. It's completely understandable that you don't want to muck around with backwards compatibility given such low demand and project manpower. I'd be happy to test new builds as they come out. In the meantime I get to listen to Space Marines, which is already an enjoyable addition to vanilla PS2.