PDA

View Full Version : SOE Census API Currently Down 6/7 4:30 PST (Includes fix)

Silencer
06-07-2014, 03:40 PM
6/8 7:00 AM PST
SOE servers are back up! Everything should work as normal. If you were previously running in offline mode end and resume your session. (If you do this and let us know the results, we would be really happy!)

The good news is thanks to their servers being down we now have Offline Mode as an option in case this happens again, details below.
We also discovered two bugs that exist in our current code regarding N/A characters we can now resolve.

We have released a beta update to help users still use the stat tracker even though their servers are down!

To enable beta updates go to Tools -> Options -> Configure -> Check Beta Participation. Then go to Help -> Update.

To access offline mode start your session as normal. If the API servers cannot be reached a prompt will come up asking if you want to enter offline mode.

Pressing Yes will result in offline options.

You must enter your numeric player ID. This can be found normally on the PS2 players site. But since they are down too try looking at your past achievements on our main site. https://recursiontracker.com/

Search for your player name and go to your page. Look at the URL. The PID is your player ID. An example is https://recursiontracker.com/?p=c&c=achievements&pid=12345678910

Enter that ID into the offline options. Additionally you must choose your faction. Without the API available the Stat Tracker can't tell what it is.

Note: No matter what ID you enter it will think its working. Make sure you enter exactly what you have under your PID.
All names will show up as N/A (New player) because of this we have disabled the Welcome to PlanetSide achievement in this mode. Additionally any ID specific achievements will not work, such as repeat customer, Revenge, Rage Quite, etc. Although it appears Mutually Assured Death may trigger much more frequently...

This needs a lot of testing! Please provide us with any feedback on this that you can. Thanks!

Sinist
06-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Fix it! Nao! I can't play without my stat tracker.

Silencer
06-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm actually working on a way to get the stat tracker to still work, although in a limited capacity.

I reached out to a contact at SOE but they don't usually work weekends. For me weekends are when I have most of my time available to develop this.

Making progress... this will need your player IDs, not names though. Hopefully you can get them. The stat tracker saves your last player ID if you switch "As Name" to "As ID". So copy that ID.

Kaarion
06-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Where does one acquire the ID if the stat tracker wasnt able to save that ID prior?

Silencer
06-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Check for any logs in the stat tracker folder. Maybe your url history in case you visited planetside.com/players/your_id

This is something PlanetSide maintains unfortunately. Their servers being down is outside of our control.

Kaarion
06-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Cool, will check it out. if shes down shes down. WIll get on it next week and pop some heads. Thanks for the support though.

Sinist
06-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I wonder if this has something to do with the impending server merges. :D

Silencer
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Okay guys. Updated the OP with instructions on how to use the stat tracker.

We could really use feedback on this, thanks!

Sinist
06-08-2014, 02:16 AM
Okay guys. Updated the OP with instructions on how to use the stat tracker.

We could really use feedback on this, thanks!

I tried it.

It thought I was a Vanoob so it gave me a purple overlay. Then whenever I killed Vanoobs it kept telling me I was a teamkiller. It also did not give me any kill credits for VS players I killed.

I ragequit the program. Some kind of Vanu bias going on with it,

Silencer
06-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Did you select your faction when you entered your ID? I tested it as NC and TR and both worked.

Sinist
06-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Did you select your faction when you entered your ID? I tested it as NC and TR and both worked.

I kind of missed the part about having to manually select your faction. LOL.

Talthos
06-08-2014, 06:02 AM
Possibly good news guys; looks like they may have brought the API back online. Only tested by using the "name" based tracking so far, but will revise statement if it's still not working upon launching the game.

Edit: Confirmed! The API is indeed back online!

Silencer
06-08-2014, 06:08 AM
It looks like you're right, Talthos!

The census API is back up! Any users in offline mode should end and resume your sessions. (Would like data on this please)

And the best news? It looks like our beta update still works under normal conditions! Something we couldn't test last night! Yay!

s!c
06-19-2014, 11:20 AM
hi there

just wanted to let u know that i had the info 'unable to reach api servers' so i used the offline mode by id and it just works fine (but still that lag - but thats still the fault of my damn internet-provider...)

Silencer
06-19-2014, 11:31 AM
hi there

just wanted to let u know that i had the info 'unable to reach api servers' so i used the offline mode by id and it just works fine (but still that lag - but thats still the fault of my damn internet-provider...)

Thanks for the heads up. Is it any faster at all for you? Using offline mode should cut the delay down a bit.

s!c
06-19-2014, 12:06 PM
delay was pretty much the same - maybe a tiny bit less... but it worked only for half an hour... after that i restarted the stat-tracker, then it worked by name - but there were no announcements - so im trying it again in offline mode... cause after i realized announcement wasnt working i restarted the tracker again and i had to use offline mode...

edit: seems there is a serious issue asgain with api - i dont get any announcements - ill try to restart tracker and game now - and my pc as well ^^

another edit: now i have trouble to even log in to planetside 2 - pretty much related to today´s patch...

final edit: im pretty sure its not only because of the todays patch but even more that i have a pro7sat1-account (psg) which will no longer support planetside 2... i hope when my account is transferred to soe areound 1st of july it'll all work fine then

Silencer
06-19-2014, 01:29 PM
delay was pretty much the same - maybe a tiny bit less... but it worked only for half an hour... after that i restarted the stat-tracker, then it worked by name - but there were no announcements - so im trying it again in offline mode... cause after i realized announcement wasnt working i restarted the tracker again and i had to use offline mode...

edit: seems there is a serious issue asgain with api - i dont get any announcements - ill try to restart tracker and game now - and my pc as well ^^

another edit: now i have trouble to even log in to planetside 2 - pretty much related to today´s patch...

final edit: im pretty sure its not only because of the todays patch but even more that i have a pro7sat1-account (psg) which will no longer support planetside 2... i hope when my account is transferred to soe areound 1st of july it'll all work fine then

I'm sorry to hear about your problems and appreciate your feedback. I checked our logs and don't see any errors to suggest the API is down for everyone. So maybe a combination of your pro7sat1-account and ISP?

s!c
06-19-2014, 01:51 PM
game crashed now... never had such problems to play the game for a looong time so i would just blame psg for now (wich still provide the eu-servers till 1st of july) ill respond again after that account transfer and till then i should be glad if the game runs sometimes ...:-angry019: