PDA

View Full Version : Achievement vocals delayed

hectic269
06-09-2014, 05:47 AM
When ever I get an achievement the message may be delayed by 1-2 seconds, however the vocals for the same achievements occur about a 30-120 seconds later (time varies). Quite frustrating, does anyone have any solutions?

I downloaded Recursion about 4 days ago, running the beta updates and is up to date.
Windows 8.1 64-bit
RTST 0.9.2.4

Exploding Fist
06-09-2014, 05:52 AM
You're saying you see the achievement icon/text appear, but then it takes 30-120 seconds to hear the vocal for it with no sounds playing in between?

hectic269
06-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Yes I see the icon/text (with slight delay) and the sound from the game, but only the voice for the achievement is delayed

Silencer
06-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Have you tried updating your sound drivers?

hectic269
06-09-2014, 06:09 AM
I have just checked they are up to date

Silencer
06-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Also if you go under tools options configure and press the big button next the volume bar does a sound play right away?

hectic269
06-09-2014, 06:12 AM
First time there was a 1-2 second delay then it played instantly after.

Exploding Fist
06-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Looks like it's time to put on the latex.

First, thanks for reporting this. Second, can you provide us your direct x diagnostics? Run 'dxdiag', click 'Run 64-bit DxDiag', and then save all information to a file. If you could either attach it here, or send it to tracker@recursion.tk, that would help us get more data to hopefully start troubleshooting this. Thanks.

Silencer
06-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Hmm.. .net 4.5 is included with 8.1, but you may want to see if you can do a repair install. I don't think that's it but could be worth a shot. When you checked your sound drivers did you go through windows or the manufacturer of the sound card? If not the manufacturer please do so.

Finally, if you could run a dxdiag report and either paste it here or pm me I'll look over it tonight and our logs to see what else could cause it.

Edit: fist was faster!

hectic269
06-09-2014, 06:59 AM
I have e-mailed it to tracker@recursion.tk and to check the sound drives I went to device manager and checked for updates on there. Can't send via PM (due to character limit) and don't really want to post all off it here.

Exploding Fist
06-09-2014, 07:28 AM
Your sound drivers are a bit out of date. You can get updated ones here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-124012-1

Probably the best place to start. I've looked up your video card and I see a lot of people reporting various issues including delays in Windows 8. Is this the only program you've seen sound issues with?

s!c
06-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Hi there.

first - i love the stat tracker ...its awesome - realy nice work from you guys

sadly the vo are delayed om my pc as well but not only 1 or 2 seconds, more like 5 or 6 seconds or even a bit more. i have already installed the newest driver for my onboard soundcard. i am usind windows 7. the graphic overlay doesnt work at all...:confused:

hope u guys can help me out cause i have no idea what the reason for that huge delay could be

i saw youtube-videos from moukass and drathamus, thats why i finally downloaded the stat tracker, but in their videos there is only a very short delay.

sry for my bad english ;)

Silencer
06-11-2014, 01:07 AM
We just released a beta update with some changes to our sound handling (Version 0.9.1.5) to fix another error but I would like you guys to try it.

Tools->Options->Configure->Check Beta Participation. Then go to Help->Update

s!c, do you have another monitor you can watch the program on? I would like to know if the delay is just the voices or the actual data the stat tracker is receiving / processing. Basically when you get a kill the killboard should populate in less than a second.

Also, what server do you play on?

s!c
06-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Hi again,

i updated to version 0.9.2.5 now - the good news: the graphic overlay now works fine including hud etc.

the bad news: still delayed, not only the voices but also the achievement symbol

i played a bit on miller and on woodman, on miller the delay is about 6 seconds, on woodman its about the half, so about 3 seconds delay

i´ve read on the soe-forum that there were a lot of api calls when using the stat tracker and soe would may be forced to limit acces to the api... could this be the reason ? but if so, then all who use the stat tracker would have such a delay right ?

Exploding Fist
06-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Can you e-mail us your DXDiag data as well? Perhaps we can find a common configuration/issue.

Silencer
06-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Realistically, s!c your issue is latency. For the original OP the issue is probably hardware/software related.

This image is not entirely accurate and there are more steps around the servers and sockets involved but it conveys the general idea of what is happening and why I am not an artist.

Steps 4 and 5 roughly double the time required to process information. Depending on your connection quality and locale the delay can be almost non-existent, or quite severe.

We are currently working on ways to lower this but it involves pretty big changes behind the scenes to do so. When we have more information on it we will update you.

s!c
06-11-2014, 04:08 PM
hm - thats bad, but i thought it will not be the system or your stat tracker...

but i will send you the dxdiag. time to switch from adsl 16000 to cable i think :cripes.001: