PDA

View Full Version : Update the Form into a Metro like Form

silentstormpt
06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Heya, i love the work you done on this app and hope to see more in the future.

I feel the app Form is really lack luster (even if it does stay hidden in the desktop) so a quick way to make it more appealing is to use this framework (assuming its writen in c# winforms btw):

https://github.com/viperneo/winforms-modernui

Its extremely easy to change those controls into MetroControls and it looks overall more appealing at the same time.

Hope this helps you out, cheers!

Silencer
06-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Hey, thanks for the suggestion.

I agree the form definitely needs an update. I'll keep that repository in mind in case we end up going with a metro look.

I'm also keeping an eye out for more unique and customizable controls. It would be nice to find a powerful gridview control with more native UI options.

Silencer
07-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Ok, so I ended up playing with the Metro UI and will say I don't like the lack of customization the author of the library allows, but I really liked the Tab Control. So I ended up using the Tab Control and modifying it's source code slightly. This inspired me to modify and write my own renderers for other standard Windows Form controls. So I did and now the form looks quite a bit prettier. So thank you for showing this to me.