PDA

View Full Version : Performance drop

KillSwitchWes
06-24-2014, 05:52 PM
When I run the newest version of RTST my game performance drops to an unplayable state. Tons of frame hitching/freezing, generally low FPS and added input lag here and there. The first version of the .9xxx worked great but updates after that have had this performance drop.

I have tried turning the game HUD overlay off but this did not work

Playing on PS2 x86 client

Exploding Fist
06-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Do you play in full screen or windowed? What is your OS version and archetype? Does this happen in the 64bit version?

Silencer
06-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Do you play in full screen or windowed?

This especially. Try running in full-screen to see if that fixes it. We think the issue is with the Windows Forms portion of our application affecting some users who are not running in full-screen mode. Possibly more so if there are multiple monitors.

There is a beta version we have in the works to remove the dependence on a Windows Form GUI all together, as well as provide some more debug tools. PM me if you would like to try it. (It's not ready for wide scale distribution yet)

KillSwitchWes
06-27-2014, 06:18 PM
I play on fullscreen. Win 7 x64 Pro though I play on x86 client so I can see who's talking in Mumble.

This was happening in the x64 client as well but I resolved the issue. Turns out I was missing some of the newest C++ runtime updates which RTST did not like :facepalm:
Sorry to waste your time and keep up the great work.

Exploding Fist
06-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Just glad it's working well for you now. Thanks for letting us know.