PDA

View Full Version : no longer works

itechen
07-15-2014, 11:16 AM
cant click 'START' nothing happens

Silencer
07-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Does the ps2 players site work for you? This could be related to the DNS issue they were having earlier.

itechen
07-15-2014, 05:31 PM
i am not sure, i just got home after a long 3 hour drive. whats the link?

but also, in previous versions there was an offline mode that would prompt, do i have to rollback to the previous version to get offline mode.
if that is not the case in the future could you include a menu entry to force offline mode on? thanks

Silencer
07-15-2014, 05:37 PM
https://www.planetside2.com/players/

Search for your character there.

Also, take a look at this Reddit thread for PS2 http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2as9a6/psa_workaround_for_soe_dns_snafu_if_you_cant_use/

The offline mode is still there. If the API fails to respond it should still trigger. I can see about adding a way to force it.

itechen
07-15-2014, 05:41 PM
whatever the ps2 playersite is i dont know but the forums are back online and everything appears to be working normal as it was before all the DNS shenanigans.

however Recursion stat tracker is still not working. clicking 'Start' used to begin a session and you would then hear an audible 'session started' . that no longer happens. nothing happens, just6 sits there.

itechen
07-15-2014, 05:42 PM
i am getting an error on the player site you linked to

any fixes incoming?

itechen
07-15-2014, 05:49 PM
i read up on reddit and used their DNS workaround. it seems to be working.

itechen
02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
having issues again, doesnt apear to be tracking stats and i cannot remember how to do offline mode. the UI does not seem to have the option anywhere

Silencer
02-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Offline mode only works if it can't reach SOE's servers and I realize we still have no way of forcing it.

According to reddit the servers (at least Connery) are having issues right now which would affect us.

itechen
02-21-2015, 04:18 PM
ug.... theres always some hurdle RTST has to climb over

what if i firewall RTST? would that prompt the offline mode? ok yea that worked

i would hope you guys would take the time to remedy that and at the very least add an option for offline mode from the options menu. instead of this silly workaround. im actually surprised to not see it in the menu, oh well. not trying to sound demanding, just saying what comes to mind

Silencer
02-21-2015, 04:39 PM
We have asked multiple times to get much of this data as part of the socket payload so we don't have to query it. That would allow offline mode to go away all together. (And please remember, we created offline mode in a few hours originally when the Census API went down for a day.) I was hoping the Census API had stabilized to a point where offline mode was no longer necessary, but I guess this shows we should still provide an UI option.

Are you on Beta 10? We haven't tested offline mode with Beta 10 yet and I am interested in the results.

Edit: It may be that the query data is available, but the websocket service is down-- which is really bad, but explains why offline mode wasn't registering. I can start a session myself which pulls data fine.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2wpohd/psa_websocket_service_api_offline_login_servers/

itechen
03-05-2015, 09:32 AM
well, its on and off ongoing issue. wish there was a better way than currently as what you mentioned.

Silencer
03-06-2015, 08:01 PM
well, its on and off ongoing issue. wish there was a better way than currently as what you mentioned.

Our release version will have an option to force offline mode. Note that if the socket connection goes down it won't matter.