PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions For Medals And The Program - This Is What You Want Recursion Team

itzallxero
07-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Hey There Fist!

First and Above All I Have To Say Thank You For Making The Best Thing To Happen To Planetside 2 - It Was Truly What The Game Was Lacking!!!!

Anyways I Came From XBOX 360 ONLY Playing Halo Reach and Not To Toot My Own Horn But I Was Pretty Good and Although Destroying Noobs Is Always Satisfying I Like A Little Recognition When I Do Something Sweet So Naturally I LOVE MEDALS AND THE ANNOUNCER VOICES - I Had To Quest To Get All The Medals and I Did - I Was The First One On Halo Reach To Complete Their Bungie Dot Net Medal Chest and I Am Mega Proud Of It! So Imagine My Sadness When I Get My First Gaming Pc Built All Beefed Up and Ready To Game N Fire Up Planetside and Its AWESOME Only To Find Out There Is No Medals/Announcer!?? I WAS DEASTATED!! =(
Then Some One Showed Me The Greatness Which Is Your Stat Tracker and I Was Hooked!!! It Really Truly Got Me Interested In The Game All Over Again!!! Now I'm Questing To Complete Your Medal List. I Seen You Take Suggestions and When I Realised That My Mind Exploded With Ideas and Here Is A List Of Them All. I Have Suggestions For The Program Itself, Adjustments To Medals, and New Medal Ideas.

-----------
I Would Love To Have A List Of All Trackable Data So That I Have A Better Understanding Of What Info Can Be Tracked To Use In Sprees/Medals.
-----------

Program Changes

FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING ALLOW THE PLAYER TO RESUME A SESSION AND RESUME THEIR KILL STREAK PROGRESS WHERE THEY LEFT OFF! LOL AFTER THE PROGRAM or COMPUTER HAS BEEN RESTARTED OR WHATNOT

Sorry For The Caps On That But That Is Such A Mega Thing For Me - Its SOOOOOO Discouraging Being On A Kill Streak And Losing It Because Of A Restart, Crash or Whatever Happened- I Know You Can Save Sessions and Create Sessions But When You Do It Does Not Resume Your Killstreak Progress Which It Should Since The Program Can Just Check To See If You Got Kills Or Deaths Inbetween Your Last Ended Saved Session To Make Sure Your Sprees Were Earned Legitimately

Allow Player To See What Medals Were Earned During The Session On The Main Window.

Allow Player To View His Entire Recursion Stat History From Main Window

Add A Player Bios/Profile Page To The Recursion Page and/or Program Window

Allow Player To Click The Name Of The Player Who You Killed or Were Killed By In The Main Window launch The Link To View Their Recursion or Planetside Stat WebPage

Allow Option So Recursion WIll Launch When You Start Planetside (Probably Only Allow One Instance Of The Stat Tracker To Be Open At A Time So The Player Doesnt Accidently Mess Something Up On Either Of The Instances Of The Stat Tracker -

Allow Auto Pause After X Amount Of Idle Time

Allow Option To Automaticly Resume Last Session When Planetside Starts

Allow Option To Have A Reminder To Start/Resume Your Session Once Your Planetside Starts Because Often People Forget Until They Realize They Didn't Recieve A Medal For Something.. Example Of Me -> Pizza DelivERRR I FORGOT TO TURN ON MY STAT TRACKER! LoLoL

Allow Saving Of Streaming Configurations (Always Takes A Minute To Setup Its Annoying or I'm Just Not Getting It or Something)

Show Cert and Score Information With The Tracker As Well

Adjustments To Current Medals

Change/ Add -> First Blood = 1 Kill Within 1 Minute Of Signing On - 5 Kills Within 5 Minutes = Man On A Mission and 10 Kills Within Ten Minutes Without Dieing = PERFECTION

Rocket Kill Streaks Should Be Adjusted To 5 = Rocket Primary - 10 = Master Juggler - AND ADD A 15 Rocket Streak Medal = ROCKETMAN

Change and Add Kill Streak Medals For Proximity Mine Kills - 2 = I Have A Present For Ya
- 4 = Watch Your Step - 6 = MINE YOUR BUSINESS

Repeat Customer Medals Should Be Changed To - 2 Kills = Repeat Customer - 5 = Recursion - 10 = You Think They'd Learn

Make Vehicle Splatter Medals Into A Streak - 3 = Speed Bumps - 5 = Eww I I Just Washed This Thing 10 = Steam Roller

New Medals To Add

Add A Medal For Earning ALL The Medals In The Stat Tracker Medals Page = TEST MY MEDAL

Add A Medal For Earning 50/100/500/1000 Medals Overall

Add A Medal For Earning X Amount Of Medals Per Session

Add A Medal For Getting 3 / 5 / 10 Medals In A Streak = ??? Names ???
s

Add Medal For Splattering Someone With An AirCraft = Bug Bite

Add A Medal For Earning X Amount Of Certs In A Session = BALLER

Add A Medal For X Amount Of Certs Earned Within A Streak = Cash Money

Add A Medal For Having A Career Kd Of 1.0 = Warrior - 2.0 = HitMan - 3.0 = I AM PLANETSIDE

Add A Medal For X Amount Of Kill Streaks In A Session

Add A Medal For X Amount Of Kills In An Hour

Add A Medal For 1,000 Kills In A Session = JUST GETTING STARTED

Add A 10 Kill Combo = KILL COLLECTOR

Add A Medal For X Amount Of Kill Combos In A Session = ??? Couldn't Think Of A Good Name For It ???

Add A Medal For Kill Combos In A Kill Streak = ??? Couldn't Think Of A Good Name For It???

Add A Medal For Getting Back To Back Kill Combos -Example A Double Kill Followed By A Double Kill = ??? Combo Master Maybe ??? Farmer ???

Add Medal For Destroying Vehicles (With Or Without A Driver In Them) 5 = Mech Wrecker - 10 = MechWarrior - 15 = MECHPOCOLYPSE

Add A Medal For Killing 3 Manned Ground Vehicles With Rockets = SCRAP METAL

Add Medal For Killing Someone THREE TIMES After You Were Kille By Them = PAYBACK or THEY JUST GOT LUCKY or NOT SO LUCKY NOW

Add Extra Max Suit Medal For 50 Kills = TERMINTAOR

Add Medal For Killing 3 Max Suits In A Streak = TERMINATION

Add A Medal For Making A Max Suit RAGE QUIT = Aww Go Tell Mommy

Add A Medal For Killing An Air or Ground Vehicle With An Infantry Weapon = QUICK DRAW

Add A Medal For Killing An Enemy Who Is In The Top 100 Of The Daily LeaderBoard = HitList

Add LEFT Arm And RIGHT Arm Weapon Streaks For Max Suits - 10 = LEFTY or RIGHTY

Add A Medal For Ending Someones Streak = STREAK STOPPER or SHOW STOPPER

Add A Medal For A High Threat Kill = Threat Neutralised

Add Medal 5 Kill Streak With CrossBow = HawkEye

Add A Medal For Killing Someone Who Is Currently On A KILL COMBO- or Was On A Kill Combo Within A Second or Three Before You Killed Them = COMBOO BREAKER (Just Like Good Old Killer Instinct o yeaaa)

Add A Medal For Passenger/Gunner Killing An Aircraft With A NON AA Gun Example = Mag Rider Halberd = Should Also Be A FLY SWATTER

Add A Medal For Getting A 15 Kill Streak That Includes 5 Kills As Infantry 5 Kills With A Vehicle or In Gunner Seat and 5 Kills With An Aircraft Or As Air Craft Gunner = Jack Of All Trades

Add Streak For Killing 3 and 5 AirCraft With AA Primary or Passenger AA Gun 3 = Bug Bomb - 5 = ORKEN MAN

Add A Medal For Killing 50 People Under 1.0 = Taking Out The Trash

Add Tank Mine Streak For Killing Manned Vehicles - 1 Kill = Pizza Delivery 3 = Pizza Boy - 5 = Twenty Minutes Or Less

Add A Medal For A 5 Kill Streak That Includes 3 Proxy Mines and Two Tank Mines or Vice Versa
= MINE CRAFT

Add A Medal For A 5 Kill Streak With 1 Tank Mine 1 Proxy Mine 1 C4 1 Grenade and 1 Rocket = EXPLOSIVE TENDENCIES

Add Medal For C4ing A Manned AirCraft = MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Add A Medal For A 3 Kills In A Flash = ???

Add A Medal For 5 / 10 / 15 ASSIST STREAK = 5 = I Got Your Back - 10 = Hey Those Were My Kills - 15 = Why Am I Doing All The Work

Add A Medal For Killing A Manned Vehicle (Not Another Flash) With A Flash = David Beats Goliath

Add A Medal For AIRCRAFT RAMS = SkyRam

Add A Medal For Ramming 3 Air/Ground Vehicles With An Air/Ground Vehicle = Hard Headed

Add A Medal For A Head Shot With A Rocket Launcher = EAT IT

Add A Medal For Killing A Manned Galaxy = AHAB

Add A Medal For A 3 Kill Streak With C4 = BRICK LAYER

Add A Medal For Killing X Amount Of People From The Same Outfit During A Session = 10 Kills = Breaking Up The Band

Add A Medal For 5 Kill Streak In An ANTI PERSONNEL Turret (Engineer Turret)

Add A Medal For 5 Kill Streak With An Anti Vehicle Cannon (Engineers Cannon)

Add A Medal For Killing A Recursion Stat Tracker User

Add Medal For X Amount Of Regions Defended And Capped During A Session

Add A Medal For X Amount Of Regions Capped and Defended In A Streak or Hour

Add A Medal For # Of Kills During An Alert - And One For Not Dieing Through An Alert With Atleast X Amount Of Kills - And One For Winning The Alert - And One For Caps And Defends During An Alert - And One For Your OUTFIT Capturing Regions During The Alert -

Add A Medal For Your OUTFIT Capturing 5 Regions During A Session = WE TAKING OVER

Add A Medal For DRIVERS of AirCraft or Vehicles When Their Passengers Getting 5 / 10 / 15 Kill Streaks = ??? Taxi Of Death

Add A Medal For Going On A Kill Streak Dieing Then Going On Another Kill Streak - Example 10 Kills Then Death Then 10 More Kills = Last Death Was A Fluke or Back on A Roll or Guess Whos Back

Add A Medal For Killing A Vehicle By Ramming It With A Galaxy And LIVE = FREE WILLY

Add A Medal For DRIVERS of Aircraft Or Vehicles For X Amount of Gunner Kills Without The Driver Dieing - Example My Gunner Gets 5 Kills and He Dies But I Live And When I Get Another Gunner He Gets 5 More Kills Then I Should Get A 10 Kill Gunner Assist Medal - These Driver Assist Medals Should Be Like 10 / 20 / 30 / 50 Something Like That - Name = Death Shouffer

Add Medal 5 Kills In Your Streak Which Were Stolen From A Team Mate = KILL THIEF-
Example Being When They Get An Assist Off Your Kill or They Dealt More Damage To An Enemy Which You Killed (Not So Sure You Can Track Amount Of Damage Dealt) ALSO If It IS Possible To Track Damage You Should Add A Medal For 3 Kills In A Row With Taking 0 Damage = FLAWLESS

Add Medals For 5 Kill Streaks With CLASS SPECIFIC WEAPONS - Example The URSA Cannot Be Used With Any Other Class Besides Heavy Assault - I Don't Know What Names You Should Call The Medals But I Thought That Would Be Cool - So ANY Weapon That Is Specific To That Class Only Should Be Towards Lets Just Say A HEAVY ASSAULT SPREE

Also Add The Missing Pictures For The Medals That Don't Have Them
(If You Want/Need To I Can Have My Brother Work On Some For You)
Add A Voice For Those Medals As Well If They Do Not Have One Already

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL THINGS LISTED HERE
KILL STREAKS SHOULD NOT BE ENDED DUE TO BEING TEAM KILLED!!!!
I Understand That This Could Be Abused Big Time BUT You Could Fix That Problem By
Allowing Only 1 Team Mate Related Death Per Kill Streak- Example After 22 Kills You Get Team Killed - Your Streak Should Continue Where You Left Off - But If You Get Team Killed AGAIN Then Your Streak Should End As Usual.
After So Much Time On A Streak Being Team Killed Is Almost A Sure Bet - Most Of The Time Its INTENTIONAL - and I'm Sure EVERYONE Feels There Should Be Some Justice For Us Somewhere In The Game With This Problem

----------------

Well Thats It Thats My Novel LoL I Know It Was ALOT To Read but Hopefully You Read Through It Carefully. I Really Would Love To Help In Anyway Possible So Please Let Me Know If I Can Do Anything At All, I Try To Tell Everyone I Can About This To Make It More Popular So Hopefully It Gets More Well Known and Gets More Users - I Understand Not All Of My Medals Might Not Be Possible n Thats Cool But Thats Why I Would Like A List of Trackable Data- You Obviously Don't Have To Use The Names I Gave To The Medals but I Definitely Think They Are Pretty Good.

Im Anxiously Awaiting Your Response Like A Kid On Christmas Eve!!!! I Would Love To See These Changes and If It Would Help I Would Love To Donate To Your Cause If You Use My Ideas or Some of Them... Thanks Again YOUR AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Silencer
07-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Wow... so I've read through a lot of it but this deserves more time going over.

But I will answer part of this now.

-Sessions-
Our next update is going to have a big focus on convenience. We're working on ways to auto start the program with PlanetSide as well as allow automatic session starting when your character(s) go on-line.
Thank you for bringing up resuming a session. This still needs to be thought out with our automatic features. I don't know if we're going to allow killstreaks to resume, but we may do so with a grace period based on timestamps. And so you know, right now if PS2 crashes as long as you don't end your session it will automatically pick up again when you log back into PS2 and preserve your killstreaks.

The session pauses now when your character goes offline. You can see the session timer stop when this happens. We want to keep time based tracking similar to PS2 as much as we can as we will eventually add in more time based stats and we would like these to match PlanetSide 2 as accurately as possible.

-Streaming-
When you right click- edit your stream configuration it saves as soon as you press edit again.

-Existing Achievement Changes-
I still need to read over this more carefully, but I saw your recommended changes to Rocket Primary and proximity mine achievements. I'm going to say that I like these proposed changes, especially changing the 'Watch your Step' from a negative achievement to a positive one. I need to discuss this with the team before we make any changes to it though.

-Achievement Client Display-
Right now a player's achievement information is displayed on our website, but getting this in the client is something we want too. We still have to establish the communication and add the UI in for this, so this probably won't be for some time.

-Information Available To Us-
So I'll tell you what we have available to us now which can be used to filter out some of your recommendations that aren't possible. I still have to read over a lot of them (You recommended a lot!)

Basically we get player and vehicle deaths in real-time. They include you, the opponent, the weapon used, and the vehicle used (and vehicle destroyed), and timestamp in seconds.
We also get the status of a user when he logs on or offline or when they level up.
Certain facility information is available (such as the faction it switched over to) but we do not currently track this (we will eventually). I do not know if it includes outfit information, I do not believe it does.

-Kill Streak Breaking-
Combo breaker is something we have had recorded for awhile now. We don't have it implemented because getting the current killstreak of your opponent will almost double our API calls and we want to try to avoid that. We aren't giving up on this though.

Losing a killstreak to a teammate can be beyond frustrating, but we believe a death is a death. You'll notice our death stats don't subtract revives either. That is something that we are unlikely to change.

I really am glad you're enjoying the program and appreciate your feedback! We've spent a ton of time developing it and are currently working on some pretty big changes to it. I will be looking at your recommendations again when we get back to adding achievements. Right now I have to get back to coding some other new features in!