PDA

View Full Version : Issue with In-game Overlay (Microsoft Visual C++)

Pyrosaniac
08-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Hello.

I've been using Recursion RTST for a few weeks now. Previously, I had no problems with the software. I was able to use the in-game overlay without a hitch. However, one day I loaded up the application and tried to turn on the in-game overlay. However, I got an error message: "Visual C++ 2013 x64 Runtime is required for the in-game overlay. Do you wish to install it?". I click yes, I get a screen which allows me to repair or uninstall the set-up. Repair has no effect, and after uninstalling and re-installing, nothing changes. I have tried uninstalling all instances of Visual C++ installed after January 2014 and reinstalling RTST, but I still get the error message. I have tried switching both Recursion and PS2 to the x86 client, still get an error message even after installing the x86 instance of Visual C++. I did not install any new software that would have caused this error to occur. This is really quite frustrating.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Silencer
08-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Hmm... I've only seen this once because that person had Visual Studio on their computer, but the reinstall of the VC library fixed it.

Can you try running the tracker as Admin to see if the message goes away? If you do then you'll need to start PS2 as admin also.

What happens is RTST checks for this key in your registry for x64: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\V C\Runtimes\x64

Does that key or any part of that directory structure exist?

If it's just the key missing you can try adding it, even if it's blank. What I can do is in our new version see about adding a force override on checking for the runtime. We have this in there because if you try starting the d3d overlay without the VC++ library installed, it will crash.

Pyrosaniac
08-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Hmm... I've only seen this once because that person had Visual Studio on their computer, but the reinstall of the VC library fixed it.

Uninstalled VC Library and reinstalled. No change. I do not own Visual Studio.

Can you try running the tracker as Admin to see if the message goes away? If you do then you'll need to start PS2 as admin also.

Went into the program directory and changed the permission to open as an Admin for all users. I then right-clicked on the icon in my directory and chose "Run as an Administrator". I did the same for the PS2 application. The message still appeared.

What happens is RTST checks for this key in your registry for x64: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\V C\Runtimes\x64

Does that key or any part of that directory structure exist?

If it's just the key missing you can try adding it, even if it's blank. What I can do is in our new version see about adding a force override on checking for the runtime. We have this in there because if you try starting the d3d overlay without the VC++ library installed, it will crash.

All of the directory existed. No change. In case you want to have a look, I've exported the registry and attached it.

Unfortunately, nothing worked. I have a feeling this a problem with VC and not the RTST, but then again I'm not a developer so I can't really make that call. If worse comes to wear, I'll just wait until the next update of RTST to see if your proposed solution will fix this. Thanks for the help anyways.