PDA

View Full Version : FPS Drop ONLY when RTST is open

Proaxel
09-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Hello, I am getting what seems to be an FPS drop whenever the stat tracker program is open. I'm not 100% sure if a certain update has been causing it... I guess it is safe to say that it's been happening ever since I started using it back in June.
For example, I would normally have 35 FPS in the warpgate, but instead I would about 20 FPS whenever the thing is open.
It actually a bit weird.... it actually happens only when RTST is open. If I were to alt-tab out and close it, the performance drop instantly goes away.
But what actually is even more weird is that the FPS counter (The thing you show on the bottom left with ALT-F) doesn't seem to be acknowledging the performance drop...
Going back to the example, I would actually have 20 FPS whenever the program is open, but the counter says that I have 35 FPS. Close the program, and the game truly goes back to 35 FPS, just like the counter says.
If I reopen RTST, the performance instantly drops back down to ~20 FPS again. BUT the counter doesn't go down or change at all. It will still say that I have 35 FPS....
So obviously it's something related to that of the RTST. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks.

Also, in case it helps...
I am using 0.9.2.7. of RTST.
CPU: Intel Core i7, @2.93 GHz
GPU: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series

Silencer
09-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Are you playing with the game in Full Screen Windowed / Windowed?

If so try running in Full Screen.

Our next major update will have somewhat of a fix for that (You'll be able to hide RTST window completely to your Task Tray)

Napsterbater
09-14-2014, 11:53 AM
I have had an issues were randomly the DWM.exe process (Running Windows 8.1) would max out a CPU core (12.5 on my 8 core) and drag the FPS down, but only with RTST open. can you monitor that process somehow? could be a different problem of course.

Note: I use Fullscreen Windowed Mode because I have dual monitors.