PDA

View Full Version : Admin mode

Generik1006
09-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Your OS and version: Windows 8.1 x64

The version of RTST: 0.9.2.7.

Dont know if it has been addressed already and I missed it, but when I start PS2 in admin mode, the in game overlay does not show. I can hear it going, but nothing visual. I tried both starting the stat tracker in admin mode and regular with no luck. Unfortunately I have to play PS2 in admin mode while using teamspeak otherwise my game will freeze and give me a C++ error.

Coltorl
09-12-2014, 06:11 AM
I'm not a stat tracker dev, but you might want to make planetside 2 and the stat tracker are both in 64 bit mode. And if that doesn't work include your dxdiag in your post or send it to silencer on the forums and if you want, you can also include the c++ error messages you get and I might be able to help with that.

Edit: And yes, there has actually been a lot of people using 8.1 having problems with it, does the overlay work if you are playing in windowed full screen? (or just windowed mode)

Generik1006
09-12-2014, 07:10 AM
I cant figure out how to attach the dxdiag, it says it wont let me due to the file being too large for the txt extension. Tried running RTST in both 32x and 64x.

If I run RTST in non admin mode I get this error, and when I run it in admin mode I get no errors, just nothing showing up in game.

If someone can tell me how to attach the dxdiag i can put that up as well.

C++ error is first image, RTST non-admin mode error is second image

Coltorl
09-12-2014, 07:37 AM
Go to advanced posting, hit the # key and wrap your DXDIAG in between the 2 commands.

Should look like this

Also, need to know if you are launching through steam or not. (or full file location of where the error took place, it cuts off in your first picture)

edit: Actually the dx file will be too long, upload it to www.pomf.se

Generik1006
09-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Get this when i try to do the # thing:
The following errors occurred with your submission
The text that you have entered is too long (62298 characters). Please shorten it to 25000 characters long.

Also I can't select the error to see the full location where it is going. Cant expand the box either :/. I am not launching it in steam

Also, the error only seems to happen while I am running both RTST and overwolf (TS3 without overwolf seems to work ok)

Coltorl
09-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Well, you have a couple of options, the first thing I would do is download ccleaner here (https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER), run that and let it do it's magic and if you want you can uninstall it afterwards.

That itself will probably not fix the issue, but it will allow us to be confident in downloading the c++ 64bit redis (http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=14632) without any problems (it will tell you to uninstall or repair, hit uninstall and then reinstall it), after that you have one more thing if that doesn't work.

(Make sure you are the admin for your PC)

You may have your PC set up like this already, but to make sure you do, check and verify all this is all true.

Go to the Start menu, select Run, type regedit and click OK.
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Recursion
Right click and select Permissions
Check the Allow boxes for Admin and System and Users for both Full control and Read.

Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Sony Online Entertainment (I think this is where Planetside 2 is if you don't have it on steam)
Check the Allow boxes for Admin and System and Users for both Full control and Read.

Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamSpeak 3 Client

(This basically makes it so you run those in admin mode all the time)

If none of that works I will be on later to help more, if someone more knowledgeable hasn't come by then and given a working solution.

Generik1006
09-12-2014, 10:51 AM
did ccleaner, tried the c++ redis but it says i have a newer version installed and closed without letting me do anything

did the recursion permission update, I have PS2 installed in steam just run it through the actual launch pad instead of steam. I tried doing it to the steam folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE.

Couldnt find the Teamspeak 3 client anywhere in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE though.

Ill see if it works and update. Here is the c++ redis message

Silencer
09-12-2014, 11:32 AM
That's the wrong vc redist. We use 2013 libraries. The redist files are in the recursion installation directory.

Generik1006
09-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Ran the 2013 vc redist in the install directory and still the same error. Game freezes upon loading to the character screen, I close and the error pops up

Coltorl
09-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Oh yeah, my bad on linking the 2010 libraries,but damn, would have thought one of those solutions would work. I don't know much about the reasoning on why it's broken and what needs fixed, only thing I'm good for is basic troubleshooting, I suppose.

Link your DXDIAG on http://pomf.se/ so the smarter guys can get into the more advanced stuff.

Don't have a clue what is wrong and it might just be a problem with windows 8, like other people have been experiencing.

Generik1006
09-12-2014, 01:10 PM
DXDIAG http://a.pomf.se/onmjht.txt

also everything seems to work just fine when I run PS2 from the steam console (as of 1 20 min play session). I can do that no problem if this seems to be an unnecessary hassle.

Ill try later for the regular start after a computer restart to see if anything has changed from the changes put forth

Exploding Fist
09-12-2014, 01:16 PM
I've looked into your error, and it appears to be a permission issue. Are you sure your launching both the Planetside client and RTST as administrator? Every time we have seen this error, that was the solution. Windows doesn't like regular users injecting stuff to administrative processes, for obvious reasons.

Coltorl
09-12-2014, 02:16 PM
I've looked into your error, and it appears to be a permission issue. Are you sure your launching both the Planetside client and RTST as administrator? Every time we have seen this error, that was the solution. Windows doesn't like regular users injecting stuff to administrative processes, for obvious reasons.

His privilege has been checked when he edited his registry to full permissions with regedit, right?

edit: Wait, everything works as intended if you launch from steam, gene? Was it like that before you asked for help, or did I actually successfully trouble shoot for someone?

Exploding Fist
09-12-2014, 06:04 PM
His privilege has been checked when he edited his registry to full permissions with regedit, right?

edit: Wait, everything works as intended if you launch from steam, gene? Was it like that before you asked for help, or did I actually successfully trouble shoot for someone?

The client doesn't need to write to the PS2 registry. It needs to talk to the PS2 process.