Recursion Stat tracker causing Planetside 2 to crash after installing new GPU?

Good Afternoon,

Yesterday I got my GTX 980, I deleted my AMD drivers for my R9 290, did a driver wipe on AMD/ATI files then installed my GTX 980 with proper drivers. Now when I try to use RST it causes Planetside 2 to crash hard enough that I would have to either restart my computer to get the Planetside client to close or pray to vanu that planetside 2 closes(I dont like vanu). I noticed this only happens when RST is open and has my session ready to roll, if I dont have RST open then I have no issues. Is there any workarounds to this issue so I can use RST again?

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    I see you're using 8.1x64. Is it completely up-to-date?

I know these two updates have causes issues with other programs like OBS before
    Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2962409)
    Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2955164)

You may want to try removing those.

If you could send me your directx diag I can look at that as well.

I don't know of any specific issue to Windows 8.1 and a Gtx980, but basically you're making me want to get a 980 now. Testing PS2 with it would be my justification

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I see you're using 8.1x64. Is it completely up-to-date?

I know these two updates have causes issues with other programs like OBS before
    Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2962409)
    Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2955164)

You may want to try removing those.

If you could send me your directx diag I can look at that as well.

I don't know of any specific issue to Windows 8.1 and a Gtx980, but basically you're making me want to get a 980 now. Testing PS2 with it would be my justification

Just did some testing again, it seems to only happen when im streaming with shadowplay?

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk72 View Post
    Just did some testing again, it seems to only happen when im streaming with shadowplay?
    I have heard the newest nvidia drivers cause issues with PlanetSide. You probably have to use those drivers for GTX980 support however. Basically it is likely a driver issue. That card is completely brand new after all. Maybe try looking for beta drivers?

Yea might as well. And also get the GTX 980 for "testing" purposes of course:P Thanks for the help though!