Post Borderlands Character Packs!

I've had some packs floating around for a while, including as part of the reddit compilation thread. I figured it's about damn time I post them on here officially!

These packs are made by extracting the full audio data from the Borderlands games, revorbing them into usable formats, volume leveling where need be and in most cases boosting them at least 1.5x or 2x volume due to the low natural volume of the game audio. If any huge discrepancies jump out at you, let me know what line is messed up and I'll fix it!

At the very least for me to release a pack it must have up to the 48 killstreak, 3 levels of headshot streak, headshot, two tiers of repeat customer, rage quit, friendly fire, double and triple kill, melee kill, roadkill. In other words, the most common callouts people are likely to get. In some cases there's just nothing there for aircraft or vehicles, like in the case of Zer0.

Hand made achievementbg.png bundled in the zip for future versions where swapping the background is supported! Icon set in the works for the future as well.

WIP: Salvadore, Axton, Claptrap megapack, Krieg megapack, BL:TPS Nisha, Handsome Jack.

Totally optional ad.fly links added. If you enjoy the packs, your support is appreciated!

PACK LIST:

58/99 - BL2 Zer0, (adfly) - Lack of content, but has major callouts.
    87/99 - BL2 Psycho NPC 1, (adfly) - Only missing minor or uncommon callouts.
    77/99 - BL2 Psycho NPC 2, (adfly) - Missing some turret and MAX related callouts.
    94/99 - MISTER TORGUE!, (adfly) - Missing VIP TK and one or two other things. New lines from BL: TPS! More incoming.
    77/103 - Salvador the Gunzerker!, (adfly) - BETA 10 ONLY

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Apex; 11-22-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Updates!

Recursion Member
    I'll have to give the others a test and a record, lol.

Thanks again for the showcase!

The Psycho2 is a fun one, though less complete than the rest right now. He's the more recognizable of the Borderlands psychos that yells about meat bicycles and the like. Psycho1 is more of a manic crazy and just says weird stuff in general, but some of it is pretty hilarious too.

I should really clear some space on my external drive and record some of my own footage. I don't get killstreaks beyond the first tier all that often, so it would be a whole lot of regular old headshots, mutual deaths and maybe some repeat customers mixed in!

I added some optional ad.fly links for anyone who wants to lend a little support. I'm up for requests as well, which is actually where the Zer0 pack came from. Borderlands or not, anything with sufficient source material I can take a crack at. Should have some updates for Torgue and possibly another character done in the next day or two
    Last edited by Apex; 11-16-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Great stuff. You say you want to make an icon pack for it? How good are you at making them?

Not very, but I have a full rip of the Borderlands art assets handy to work with and passing photoshop skills. I did manage to make that background image entirely from scratch, after all! I could probably work on some icons for other purposes though if need be, I've made icons a few times in the past.

Also if there is future support for multiple sound files for each callout, that's what the "mega packs" are going to be. There's simply too much material for some characters in Borderlands to make one pack, so I've got TONS of alternate lines to use already.

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Allowing multiple voice files per achievement is definitely something I want to add. We have support for that internally but not currently exposed for custom voice packs.
    The custom icons however you caught me by surprise with. We'll have to open up support for that too.

PM me your Recursion account name and I'll give you access to Beta 10 so you can test the new voice pack options.

Reworked background image to fit the new dimensions in beta 10 (wider) and added transparency for the hell of it. Background changing seems to work perfectly fine on my end, just my original banner was the wrong size so it was offset strangely.

Salvador the Gunzerker pack complete barring some final testing for volume. 77 lines and some really hilarious ones in there too. Should be able to post that up tomorrow. Steam screenshot function doesn't capture overlays it seems, so I'll try to find another way to grab a preview of the Borderlands themed banner in action.

Much better! A little more resizing and alignment work should do the trick, and now I have a photoshop template for future use as well.