Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    As far as I know there are no hard feelings at all from our end. I've never heard a negative thing said about [00] around our house that wasn't said in the spirit of good fun, which is why this whole thing caught me off guard. For two years we've had a great relationship and I have a lot of respect for every one of your players that I've ever interacted with. I plan to continue on in that tradition rather than letting this hiccup color our future interactions. If you guys feel differently...well, it's certainly up to you who you want to be friendly with. I'll just pretend we're still friends, but you're keeping it on the DL so people don't think you're nerds too.

That said, I'm not going to be hanging around trying to convince you guys to come over after school to hang out. I think we understand each other pretty well at this point. We've made what apologies we can. We've made our continued respect and friendly intentions clear. If you guys decide there is some value in interacting with us or you just want to bump your KDR a bit, you know where to find us. We'll have that special pokemon deck ready to go. If not, no hard feelings and thanks for all the fish.
    It's important to state that anything said is nothing personal against yourself or Talron. What happened has no affect on live play, and will eventually be forgotten, but from a 'competitive' stand-point it is still fairly fresh in our minds. We really don't like dealing with drama, which is why we'd rather avoid putting ourselves into situations likely to catalyse it. Luckily we have a very talented pool of Recursion to throw at our team, drama free.

We appreciate your partially sincere response. That said, I've never known Sayl to crack a joke or troll. The man is a stone cold booty warrior.
    Last edited by Exploding Fist; 11-19-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
    We appreciate your partially sincere response.
    Nothing partial about it man. Any joking on my part is intended to convey only that I'm being completely humble, rather than trying to communicate that I don't respect the sincerity of your position.

Good fucking lord Sayl. I'm starting to wonder if we're going to need to hire a lawyer to handle the impending lawsuit. Is there a formal duel in the future? Should I be brushing up on my sword play? Pistols? Dawn is a bit early for me; I've never been a morning person.

Listen man, I'm not one of those trolls that try to say 'lol it's just a game' when another player gets upset, but I'm coming really close to feeling the need to say it here for the sake of propriety. I've been making a lot of false assumptions lately, and I'm starting to wonder if we're on the same page as far as what the purpose of all of this is.

As someone who makes statements like:
    having mid season roster changes was hurtful to the tournament as a whole;
    and:
    that exception had to be made for TxR does not inspire confidence in your ability to thrive in this setting.
    you seem to be taking yourself awfully seriously. Those statements are literally what convinced me I was being trolled by your first reply. I really only encounter irony that obvious in fiction or in jest. Not to imply that I'm making any sort of judgement here. God knows I've said my share of ridiculous things out of total sincerity. That's mostly why I stick to joking around these days. If I start at ridiculous...well, no where to go but up, right?

I do apologize for wasting your time, both recently and (apparently) in the past. I think I'm starting to realize I have profoundly misunderstood the nature of our relationship. I feel like I just popped out of my rabbit hole to realize I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. I'm going to try to slowly slip out the exit and find my way back to the game-playing side of the internet.

Best of luck to you guys in the future. When you guys make it to the pros, I'm sure I'll wear your merchandise, but I'll be less enthusiastic about it than I would have been otherwise.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 11-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.