Question about the stat tracker

Hello all...I am new on the forums but not new to streaming or OBS. But i do have a question about the stat tracker and i'm sure it's been asked numerous times before. I just couldn't find the answer in search. How come the stat tracker and in-game k/d stats are different? The stat tracker may show a 1.8 k/d but in-game shows 2.0. Thanks

Recursion Member
    The tracker takes away the Revive Deaths.

To elaborate, when you're revived. That death is taken off your KD Ratio as if it ever happened. Say if I killed 4 but died 4 times. But I got rezzed on those 4 times, then my KD ratio would be 4, not 0.

The tracker gets rid of those revives. To help show when you actually died, medic or no.

Oh ok, i thought the game did this as well. The game's k/d just always seems higher. So, i actually thought the stat tracker counted the deaths even if revived. Or am i confusing the hell out of myself, lol

The game tracks 3 things. Kills, deaths, and revives. The game calculates your kdr as kills/(deaths-revives). Stat tracker counts your kdr as kills/deaths. You can see the same kdr if you go to your player page and look at the kills and deaths field and do kills/deaths there.

Gotcha...thanks.

Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Revives are not provided by the API in real-time, and therefore can not be used as a reliable statistic.