Thread: Ok...

Ok...

Are you making an editor so that we can make our own achievements? Like if valuekill == Silencer77 then display KILLED A NOOB?

Because that is too cool if my assumption is right looking through the trigger conditions you show in the voice pack configuration and seeing a "Achievement Editor" in progress.

Some issues with the latest 10.whatever version.

-There is no way to change the in game overlay to show minimal information, we are stuck with the largest version. I assume this is intentional while you work your magic.
    -When I first tried to get the IN Game overlay to show up, I had to set overlay mode to x64, restart, back to auto, restart, and then it worked. Using win 8.1 Pro in Windowed Mode.
    -The + button on the add character needs to be a different color because it blended in and it took me a minute to realize I needed to press it in order to actually add a character. I kept trying to just save and apply rather then clicking the + first.

Suggestions:

Add a "depot" of sorts where you can browse all the voice packs and overlay graphics people have made. That way you have a sort of one stop shop for everything where it is easy to access. Same for submitting your own, have everyone submit through the program straight into the "depot".

Looks nice from what I have seen, Nice work once again!

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Hey Sinist, I like your suggestions. You're sort of on the right track of where we are heading.

You can however change the HUD now you just have to go under Components, choose load, and then choose the HUD type. Getting a better HUD UI loader is something we want to do before we push this out to all beta users.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinist View Post
    Are you making an editor so that we can make our own achievements? Like if valuekill == Silencer77 then display KILLED A NOOB?

Because that is too cool if my assumption is right looking through the trigger conditions you show in the voice pack configuration and seeing a "Achievement Editor" in progress.
    If this is coming, I'll definitely make use of it. I've run across certain voice clips that are perfect for situations that aren't included in the standard achievement set. For example: "That grav tank just tried to run you down!" Freakin magmowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Hey Sinist, I like your suggestions. You're sort of on the right track of where we are heading.

You can however change the HUD now you just have to go under Components, choose load, and then choose the HUD type. Getting a better HUD UI loader is something we want to do before we push this out to all beta users.
    Ahh I see how to load HUD's now. Thanks!

That is pretty slick.

I just have a habit of glossing things over....

Can you share any more information how the achievement editor is going to work?
    Last edited by Sinist; 01-27-2015 at 06:35 AM.

When I changed the HUD I needed to restart RTST in order for the overlay to start showing up.

Just a heads up.

Recursion Member
    The achievement editor really consists of two editors at the moment:

1. A game-state method editor for our event tracking engine.

Name:  MethodEditor.PNG
Views: 813
Size:  65.6 KB

You can specify via point and click what you want to track through filters, rules, or scripts. You can link past or future events together, check for certain variables, and then reset the count under different conditions. The system will automatically track the consecutive count, the total running count, and the best consecutive count for each method you create.

These methods can be used for creating various game-play systems. One such system is achievements...

2. The achievement editor.
    Achievements simply utilize the above methods with achievement specific fields which get linked to an overlay component.

Name:  AchievementEditor.PNG
Views: 818
Size:  133.7 KB

Trigger conditions are set through a script. The script in this case reads the tracking variable set from the method editor.

Name:  TriggerEditor.PNG
Views: 797
Size:  37.2 KB

You can choose what you want the achievement to display. For example, we often utilize the opponent's name here such as when you knife someone. For knifing in one life it will actually change to the current knife killstreak after a certain amount. This is one reason we went with a full scripting engine.

Name:  DescriptionEditor.PNG
Views: 745
Size:  52.6 KB

And also choose which sound file should play. This can be static or dynamic. The script here is for dynamic sounds and returns a random index for the sound file. You could set it to play a certain sound on a specific faction, battlerank, user, whatever you want.

Name:  DynamicSoundEditor.PNG
Views: 804
Size:  44.0 KB

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Easy peasy!

Keep in mind this stuff is for development only to allow for modular customization without having to hard code everything into the main exe (like they are in the current 9.x release). We may expose some things in the future for customization (like the once per kill being only under specific conditions), but our focus now is replacing the existing client with all the features that exist today. Once that's done we can start having some real fun.
    Last edited by Exploding Fist; 01-27-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
    Easy peasy!

Keep in mind this stuff is for development only to allow for modular customization without having to hard code everything into the main exe (like they are in the current 9.x release). We may expose some things in the future for customization (like the once per kill being only under specific conditions), but our focus now is replacing the existing client with all the features that exist today. Once that's done we can start having some real fun.

No, you will expose all of this to the user ASAP.

You have hoarded the ability to make achievements for far too long!

Today is our revolution!

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinist View Post
    No, you will expose all of this to the user ASAP.

You have hoarded the ability to make achievements for far too long!

Today is our revolution!
    Don't forget our overlay editor.

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    You're such a tease.