Broken fonts and per-kill sound in 0.10.1.2

Firstly: The beta version is really nice. I like the new features a lot. However:

I had broken fonts in all modules of the overlay since I installed the beta version. The last beta patch was supposed to fix the fonts in the 3D overlay, but it did not do anything for me. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Sswg8Sj.png Right now the text is pretty small for me and even harder to read when I stream.

I do not use DPI scaling and run in fullscreen windowed. Changing to windowed or fullscreen did not change anything, neither did dis-enableing and enabling the overlay with restarts or without.

On a further note the per-kill sound is not playing. I did change it to a .ogg file, but it did not play. Resetting it to the standard sound did not fix the problem either.

Both features were working properly before patching to the beta. I tried a fresh, clean install, but this did not help either.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    What region are you in? I'm currently investigating if the font issue might be due to application culture.

Thank you for bringing up the sound/kill issue.

I'm in Switzerland, using Win8.1 64bit, installed in German, but currently running in English.

Recursion Member
    Yes, I manually set the application to German culture and can recreate the issue now. Working on a fix.

Nice. Great support.

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Yes, I manually set the application to German culture and can recreate the issue now. Working on a fix.
    Awww yeah. Thank you to everyone for reporting this to us. This would have been bad to go into live. Keep it up.

Recursion Member
    Okay, I have a fix working internally. The issue looks like it's how font data was serialized from our editors. Non-us systems would fail to deserialize it properly due to number formatting differences and it would default to a standard ms font. Culture invariant data is now expected instead.

Expect 0.10.1.3 out later tonight with the fix.

It's out!
    Last edited by Silencer; 01-27-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Great. Everything is working as intended.

I just had one guy on my stream say that he could not read the weapon I'm using on the "HUD - Normal". Is there a way to use a bold font, to make it more readable after encoding?