Beta 10 Feedback (0.10.1.6)

Only had enough time to fiddle around with the new windows interface and a bit of the ingame overlay:

• Took me a bit to figure out that the program now minimizes to the icon area [B]
    • AND doesn't let me reopen the program through the RTST.exe [A] on the taskbar, only through the icon area [B] :<
      This made me think that the program had crashed but hadn't closed, so I was constantly closing it from the task manager.
      [A&B]

• The "options" menu is too small for me [C] it causes the window to act weird in the "display" tab (when my mouse is on the right side the window scrolls to the right side [D])
      making it a bit larger might solve the problem completely [E]

• The entire windows interface can only be scaled from the bottom right corner, and this isn't really obvious.

• The new ingame overlay is a bit picky unlike before, I can't get it to work at all when PS2 is launched first.

I've not stumbled across any other issues and am really enjoying the new stuff
    Last edited by ultimawep; 02-09-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: GREAT RASINS

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Thank you for taking the time to put this list together. Some of these issues should get addressed this weekend.

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimawep View Post
    Only had enough time to fiddle around with the new windows interface and a bit of the ingame overlay:

Took me a bit to figure out that the program now minimizes to the icon area [B][*]AND doesn't let me reopen the program through the RTST.exe [A] on the taskbar, only through the icon area [B] :<
    This made me think that the program had crashed but hadn't closed, so I was constantly closing it from the task manager.
    [A&B]
    Opening the program again will now display the window and bring it to the front. As simple as that sounds, this took a couple of hours to implement correctly.

The "options" menu is too small for me [C] it causes the window to act weird in the "display" tab (when my mouse is on the right side the window scrolls to the right side [D])
    making it a bit larger might solve the problem completely [E]
    Scrolling should refresh those panels correctly. Resizing though may still cause flicker.

The entire windows interface can only be scaled from the bottom right corner, and this isn't really obvious.
    No plan to change this at this time. Maybe an icon in the bottom right eventually.

The new ingame overlay is a bit picky unlike before, I can't get it to work at all when PS2 is launched first.
    I disabled the warning message when PS2 is running prior to starting the application as it may have caused some issues. I have noticed that if you're loaded into the world sometimes the overlay is completely white until you alt-tab or trigger a resize. Additionally sometimes it just will not hook correctly. Ultimately the DLLs themselves need to have some work done on them, but that will require more time.

A few questions regarding configuration and customization :

1. Overlay
      • I had to restart both the game and RTST to update in-game overlay position changes. Is this normal, or should 'apply' affect the in-game overlay while it is running?

2. Voicepack
      • Regarding the new 'Dynamic Sounds' feature (awesome), how does one manually add multiple sound-bits to an achievement?
        For example, the sound-per-kill is now consolidated into one achievement rather then 3 achievements that rotated. How would one go about adding 3 sound files to the achievement?
        When manually browsing .ogg files you are only given the option to select one.

This beta is pretty fantastic
    Thanks

e :
    The new ingame overlay is a bit picky unlike before, I can't get it to work at all when PS2 is launched first.
    I noticed that the overlay will not show when launching the game until you log in to a character and a session is started.
    (fyi, my startup order is mumble->rtst->game)
    Last edited by myothercarisa; 02-17-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myothercarisa View Post
    A few questions regarding configuration and customization :
    [*]Overlay[*]I had to restart both the game and RTST to update in-game overlay position changes. Is this normal, or should 'apply' affect the in-game overlay while it is running?
    It should update whenever you press Apply. Try running the game in window mode when updating to see if that helps, but admittedly this hasn't been tested in some time.
    In the future there will be a new way to adjust the positions of the overlay which I think everyone will like quite a bit more.

[*]Voicepack[*]Regarding the new 'Dynamic Sounds' feature (awesome), how does one manually add multiple sound-bits to an achievement?
    For example, the sound-per-kill is now consolidated into one achievement rather then 3 achievements that rotated. How would one go about adding 3 sound files to the achievement?
    When manually browsing .ogg files you are only given the option to select one.
    There currently is no way to alter that through the options we have exposed. I (and others) have wanted that functionality for custom voice packs and we plan to allow it. I'd like to come up with something that allows all achievements to play dynamic sounds with their own rules.

This beta is pretty fantastic
    Thanks
    Thanks! We put a lot of work into it and have a lot more updates coming.

Thanks for the info.
    That's great news concerning dynamic sounds. I got really excited when I noticed the new achievement for killing a MAX had two different default sounds when previewing.
    Sounds like the ability to replicate that feature for other achievements (like headshots and knife kills) is coming soon.

I just cant get the overlay to woork in game, has not woorked fore a wile. Reinstalled but still dont woork for me. The voice is woorking fine and the desktop overlay is fine.

You people are doing a great job and i have recomended it to all outfitmembers who al just love it, it make PS2 eaven better.

B.R bosbos