Threaded View

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    The MAX kill is intentional, as it is similar to the PER_KILL one, however Revenge should have all of those. I remember we had some issue with the logic behind Revenge I'll check it out.

And Killah, thank you for the feedback. Update your client, you should have something under Plugins to play with. It's not polished but might help you with voice pack testing.

Edit: Some better responses for you.

It would save me a world of a headache if we could sort the list of achievements alphabetically
    Oh dear god. The amount of work it took to get the killboard to sort and filter was an absolute pain. I might be able to re-use that data-structure though.

Would be nice if custom voice packs could change the "session started", "session ended", or even the "volume test" sound files.
    That would require a surprising amount of work just for that change. Those sounds / logic are still hardcoded into the client, whereas achievements are modular components which voicepack files interact with specifically. I'm not against spending time on that in the future, just don't expect it any time before we launch.

Some achievements are missing descriptions. And some descriptions are not very specific
    That's one reason we display the Lua script which triggers the achievement, but I know that is not the most intuitive to read. One thing the description does (only for the voice pack editor) is if there is no description set, it secretly returns a 'comment' field in the achievement. The idea behind that was so we could put in plain text what the achievement does if there is no description. I guess I could expose the comment directly so it will still show when there is an achievement with vague description. Of course that means Fist or I actually have to go through and comment them.

Quick Edit: When I want to test how some achievements chain with each other
    The plugin I gave you access to should help you with that specifically.

Now that as a modder I can edit the new dynamic sounds feature I feel I have TONS more options and control over my voice packs. I love this change. With this, been able to change the background of the call outs, and (eventually) been able to create and edit our own achievements, makes me feel like the sky is the limit. Specially when compared to how it used to be previous to beta 10. I will post a new thread if I have any more feedback.
    You definitely have me thinking on what else we can open up for voicepacks.

So thank you again for the feedback. I really wouldn't count on these changes to happen before we launch in under two weeks. I'm more looking for stability right now. You had mentioned users were crashing when you tested your last Beta 10 voicepack which is what I would rather make sure doesn't happen first
    Last edited by Silencer; 02-26-2015 at 08:32 AM.