Auto login doesn't work on Windows 10

Or it seems. Even though I check the "auto login" box, each time I reboot my computer, RST asks for my id and password...
    I have this problem since Windows 10, it probably has to do with the OS but I was also expecting to see this issue already reported on the forum so maybe something is wrong with mine...

Quote Originally Posted by BonomDenej View Post
    Or it seems. Even though I check the "auto login" box, each time I reboot my computer, RST asks for my id and password...
    I have this problem since Windows 10, it probably has to do with the OS but I was also expecting to see this issue already reported on the forum so maybe something is wrong with mine...
    I also use Windows 10 and have not this issue.
    Did u manage the Names like this ?
    Name:  d9vjbuh5eruivdmriwdm28ooa7.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  290.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris80 View Post
    I also use Windows 10 and have not this issue.
    Did u manage the Names like this ?
    Name:  d9vjbuh5eruivdmriwdm28ooa7.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  290.4 KB
    I only use one account and yes, it's auto-saved/tracked.
    But I don't see how that could be source of my problem. When I was on Windows 8.1, I had "Start with Windows" checked, and every time I booted my computer, Recursion just launched, hidden, logged into my account. Now, each time I boot my computer it shows me the Recursion window asking for my password and then I have to hide the window manually. When going into the settings, "Star with Windows" is unchecked (even thought it will start on launch)... Weird stuff. My best friend has the exact same problem but apparently Recursion was also doing this when he was on Windows 8.1 so it's not OS related apparently...

Check your task manager. There is a Startup tab. See if Recursion is listed. If the box in Recursion is NOT checked, it should not be listed in the startup programs (disabled or enabled). If it IS listed, check and apply the box in Recursion to see if it adds a new entry to the startup tab. It could be that the upgrade to Windows 10 caused a weird duplication of the startup settings that is not in line with the program's settings. Worst case scenario, uninstall recursion completely, check the startup/task manager for recursion leftovers, and reinstall with a clean/updated download from the site. Recursion is a very simple program to get set back up, so it shouldn't be too much hassle.

I believe I've found a solution to this issue.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Recursion\RecursionTracker

And open the file user.config in a text editor (eg. Notepad, Notepad++, SublimeText)

Search for 'AutoLogin'. For me the value was 'False' even after enabling it in settings. I switched it to 'True' and Recursion now seems to autologin when it starts on Windows startup.

I haven't tested whether this will persist through changing the configuration inside Recursion yet.